Thread: no more antivirus after update attempt

phyl Guest

Default no more antivirus after update attempt

I have 9.1.008 extreme installed (Win 7 64bit) and downloaded the new version 9.1.507. I should have read the forum first and be warned, but I tried the update anyway and it promptly stalled and I got the SP1 error. Unchecking compatibility mode did not help and the install stalled again at about 5% and eventually got cancelled. Now this would be not a big issue, but unfortunately it seems that the initial install of 9.1.008 got corrupted: AntiVirus/AntiSpyware is disabled and there is a message that it needs to be updated because the sytem clock was reset. I am not able to re-activate it and the requested update does not work. Is there a way to fix this antivirus updating issue?
    Last edited by phyl; April 19th, 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Smile Re: no more antivirus after update attempt

Quote Originally Posted by phyl View Post
    I have 9.1.008 extreme installed (Win 7 64bit) and downloaded the new version 9.1.507. I should have read the forum first and be warned, but I tried the update anyway and it promptly stalled and I got the SP1 error. Unchecking compatibility mode did not help and the install stalled again at about 5% and eventually got cancelled. Now this would be not a big issue, but unfortunately it seems that the initial install of 9.1.008 got corrupted: AntiVirus/AntiSpyware is disabled and there is a message that it needs to be updated because the sytem clock was reset. I am not able to re-activate it and the requested update does not work. Is there a way to fix this antivirus updating issue?
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) I'm Sorry for your inconvinience, I have two Windows 7 computers, one 32-bit and one 64-bit, with ZA Extreme 9.1.008 updated to 9.1.507
    running smoothly, quick and simple update for me..

2.) a few clues in your Post that I Hi-lited, are a good indication of your problem..

Right Click on the System Tray Clock on the lower right side,
    Click "Adjust Date & Time" to correct the Computer date and time..
    If this is not correct, you will have continued problems..

a.) the 5% install error, indicates a Bad or corrupted Download of the ZA Installer, and your Old 9.1.008 installer may have been corrupted since last use? Or it may be possible that Malware or other Pre-installed Security Software may be Blocking the install of ZA Extreme.

The simplest procedure is to :

Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

Click here ZoneAlarm Extreme Security updates

b.) Before installing ZA Extreme, make sure any 3rd party Security programs like Norton/Symantec or McAfee software is removed first, as they will conflict with ZA Extreme.. and durring the install of Zone Alarm, Windows Firewall will be turned OFF, as you can have Only one Firewall running..

If that does not help, then Please Click on the Live Chat Tech Support link in my Signature for further help..

Please Post back here with your Progress Report ,
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

phyl Guest

Default Re: no more antivirus after update attempt

Thanks, I was not even able to uninstal Zonealarm. But I found the removal tool which got rid of it and then I was able to instal the new version, which seems to work so far.

Thread Information