Thread: Zone Alarm Not Starting on Startup

tonynace Guest

Default Zone Alarm Not Starting on Startup

After reboot, my zone alarm firewall does not always initiate, and I have to do it manually, even though it should start automatically. Is this evidence of some malware in my system, such as a rootkit? I am using Avast anti-virus software and Malwarebytes and have scanned my system for infections, but I have found none, but suspect something as my computer behaves unusually at times, such as restarting by itself and this problem.

Default Re: Zone Alarm Not Starting on Startup

Quote Originally Posted by tonynace View Post
    After reboot, my zone alarm firewall does not always initiate, and I have to do it manually, even though it should start automatically. Is this evidence of some malware in my system, such as a rootkit? I am using Avast anti-virus software and Malwarebytes and have scanned my system for infections, but I have found none, but suspect something as my computer behaves unusually at times, such as restarting by itself and this problem.
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Depending on what Type and version of Zone Alarm,
    You problem could be related to Conflicting Security programs..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tonynace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Depending on what Type and version of Zone Alarm,
    You problem could be related to Conflicting Security programs..

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit), your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1), Brand of Computer and CPU, is it a DeskTop or Laptop, List any other Security Programs installed.

I'm running XP Home Service Pack 3 on a Pentium 4 2.66ghz desktop. I have the free ZA firewall, ZoneAlarm version:9.1.007.002
    TrueVector version:9.1.007.002
    Driver version:9.1.007.002 and am running Avast AV. I also use Malwarebytes, HijackThis and WinPatrol.

tonynace Guest

I also understand that you can't really diagnose my computer, but I wanted to know if anybody else had experienced this problem and if it could be possibly be caused by malware.

Thank you for your Feedback..

Maybe this Thread dealing with ZA Free version by User Garywa will be of some help to you..

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...441#post278441
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information