Thread: How to control updates

nbhagy Guest

Default How to control updates

Since installing the latest version of ZA (9.1.507.000) whenever ZA runs an update it virtually locks up my browser until the update is finished. I selected “Manually” in the Update section on the preference page but that did not work. ZA is still automatically updating on its own. Anyone else experiencing? Any recommendations? I like the idea of an automatic update if there were a way to control when it takes place. Is there? We have 20 or more users of ZA. All seem to be experiencing this in addition to the delayed opening of a new browser window which I’ve seen mentioned in other post. A lot of griping going on. Thanks

Default Re: How to control updates

Probably a bad install. The best is to fully remove ZA and reinstall without keeping any old ZA settings.

You can disable or change the updates but this will seriously affect your security. In other words its better not to run a security tool if you have to disable it to have your PC working.

Anyway, you can tune updates frequency in the advance options of the ZA antivirus/antispyware section (under updates). For best security they should be set at every 30 min.

Also note that the PC may be slow due to the antivirus scanning done by ZA after install. Try a reboot before reinstalling ZA.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

terra Guest

Have the same problem (ver 9.1.008.000)
    Auto updates slow pc down to useless.
    Has frozen/crashed what I am working on a few times.
    Tried to disable auto update but they continue.
    Tried to set update frequency to less but they still load whenever.

Will try to reload or download newer version etc.

These issues are often related to OS in bad conditions, OS not updated, not enough available Ram, corruptions, malware infections, running conflicting software.

It is essential you are able to let ZA update the signature as frequently as possible. If not, you may expose your PC to outside pests.

If after all the updates, cleaning and re-install you still have problems then its time you look for a security tool what works well on the system. There is nothing worst than running an outdated security tool.

If you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users heer). If it is a ZA related issue they will be able to help you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information