Thread: Can ZASS Extreme be Set to Work like ZASS non-Extreme?

eecon Guest

Default Can ZASS Extreme be Set to Work like ZASS non-Extreme?

I am quite happy with ZASS v9.1.008 Standard. I have not updated to v9.1.507 due to issues posted here on the forum regarding WinXP restore points, etc.

I own a 3-user retail box of ZASS Extreme that I purchased for next to nothing after rebate about 9 months ago.

My current ZASS Standard license expires in 40 days.

1. Can I simply use the ZASS Extreme license for my current ZASS Standard, or should I first uninstall my current ZASS Standard and then install the ZASS Extreme?

2. If I have to install ZASS Extreme, can it be configured to work like ZASS Standard non-extreme if I don't need all it's features?

Thanks!

Default Re: Can ZASS Extreme be Set to Work like ZASS non-Extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by eecon View Post
    I am quite happy with ZASS v9.1.008 Standard. I have not updated to v9.1.507 due to issues posted here on the forum regarding WinXP restore points, etc.

I own a 3-user retail box of ZASS Extreme that I purchased for next to nothing after rebate about 9 months ago.

My current ZASS Standard license expires in 40 days.

1. Can I simply use the ZASS Extreme license for my current ZASS Standard, or should I first uninstall my current ZASS Standard and then install the ZASS Extreme?

2. If I have to install ZASS Extreme, can it be configured to work like ZASS Standard non-extreme if I don't need all it's features?

Thanks!

1.) There is no ZASS Extreme version, I think your are Referring to Zone Alarm Extreme Security (referred to as "ZAES" or "ZAXS", it is a completely different version than ZA Suite, and includes the Full version of Forcefield and s few other features..

2.) I'm Sorry but License keys are NOT enterchangeable..,
    ONLY ZASS Keys will work on ZASS, and ZA Extreme Keys will only work on ZA Extreme..

3.) If you still want to downgrade thos ZA Extreme keys to ZASS keys, you will need to Contact ZA Customer Support Directly and explain your Key problem.. They should offer you an exchange for ZASS and de-activate your ZA Extreme key..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eecon Guest

GeorgeV .... thanks for clarifying things .... I'll take a closer look at what features ZAES has to offer in my situation before I call Customer Service to ask about downgrading my ZAES Key.

I would not give up a ZA Extreme for ZASS. ZA Extreme provide far better protection with the full implementation of the browser sanbox (virtualization). This is where most infections comes in nowadays.

If you do not like it you can turn virtualization OFF (the default at install) and keep the rest to have the comparable ZASS setup.

Be sure to install the latest version: http://www.zonealarm.com/zaxsdownload/ (and, YES, you need to remove ZASS).
    You can benefit of the 30 days trial, just do NOT input the license at install. This way you will not waste your license if you do not like it.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information