Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

randyw57 Guest

Default 'New Network Found' after each reboot

I'm running the Beta free firewall on XP with SP3.
    My laptop is wirelessly connected to a DSL modem/router.
    Each time I reboot my pc I get a window titled 'New Network Found'.
    The IP address and Type are always the same.
    I respond the same way - I select 'Allow into Trusted Zone', I name the network the same, and I leave the check on 'Automatically configure this network if I add it to the Trusted Zone'.

Am I configuring this correctly? Thanks for any help!

dlorde Guest

Default Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

I'm getting the same problem with ZA Security Suite - it also seems to forget the program entries too, as I get prompts for all the startup programs that access the internet on every reboot.

Used to be it only happened when the ZA software was updated, which was annoying enough, but now it happens every reboot :-(

randyw57 Guest

Hi, dlorde!
    Yes, I am getting those other prompts as well.
    I seem to get them for both the Internet as well as the Trusted Zone.
    And the window lists them as 'Repeat Program' even though I mark the 'remember' box when I 'Allow' the program.

The IP address that I get always seems to be for my gateway. I don't recall
    seeing an IP for anything else. And the IP address is always the same. It's the IP address for 'my' side of the gateway.

If your have a Current valid ZA License Key, Please click on the Tech Support Live Chat link in my Signature..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dpahl Guest

Angry Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

this keeps happening to me as well.
    the "new network detected" is my router that it's always connected to, all the networks i saved in "ZONES" have also disappeared, my firewall was turned off when i started my machine today, my antivirus updates reset to Hourly(i constantly have to reset it to 24hrs),
    at first i thought this was from Ccleaner deleting zonealarm logs so i made sure that it doesn't remove zonealarm logs. lately i haven't even ran any ccleaner-like applications so the only thing i am to assume is that Zonealarm has CRUCIAL BUGS that are security issues.. especially if i turn my machine on and zonealarm is turned off..

what gives?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; May 1st, 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpahl View Post
    this keeps happening to me as well.
    the "new network detected" is my router that it's always connected to, all the networks i saved in "ZONES" have also disappeared, my firewall was turned off when i started my machine today, my antivirus updates reset to Hourly(i constantly have to reset it to 24hrs),
    at first i thought this was from Ccleaner deleting zonealarm logs so i made sure that it doesn't remove zonealarm logs. lately i haven't even ran any ccleaner-like applications so the only thing i am to assume is that Zonealarm has CRUCIAL BUGS that are security issues.. especially if i turn my machine on and zonealarm is turned off..

what gives?

I'm Sorry,

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on on your computer?

!.) I don't know what type of Zone Alarm your talking about? ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme)

2.) What ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1),

3.) What Version of Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit),

4.) Is this a Desktop or Laptop?

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

If you have a Current Paid Za License Key you can Contact ZA Tech Support Live Chat Directly, with Support link in my Signature on Monday..

GeorgeV

WaltT Guest

I am also experiencing this - started a couple weeks ago and is becoming VERY annoying.

ZA security suite version 9.1.507.000
    Driver version 9.1.503.000
    Running Win XP

Any quidance would be helpful

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaltT View Post
    I am also experiencing this - started a couple weeks ago and is becoming VERY annoying.

ZA security suite version 9.1.507.000
    Driver version 9.1.503.000
    Running Win XP

Any quidance would be helpful

Thanks
    Please contact ZA Tech Support Live Chat Directly when they are ON-Line with Details of Your Computer and New network problem..
    (Free of charge for users with Valid ZA License Key)
    Click link in my Signature..

Please Post back here with your Progress Report so that Users of this Forum with a simular problem may benifit from the solution to your problem..
    ------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV

JFranz Guest

Unhappy Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

I'm also discovering the problem under Windows 7 with ZA Extreme Security but not after every reboot. I comes after some days of running.

I seems that my home network (WLAN router) which has been added before is not known anymore.

But the additional problem is that with receiving this message ZA is reset and all History is lost (Programs learned, VIRUS Scans, Configuration data). This makes ZA completely useless! .
    I have contacted technical support already.

Please let me know when this major issue will be fixed or do I need to de-install ZA and have my money back?

Quote Originally Posted by JFranz View Post
    Please let me know when this major issue will be fixed or do I need to de-install ZA and have my money back?
    Sorry, we really don't know and we can't really help on this since we are all users here.
    Re-fund is managed by ZA customer support. Please keep following up with them directly.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information