Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

cotswold_bob Guest

Unhappy Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

Just thought I'd add I also have the same problem.

I'm using Zone Alarm Security Suite 9.1.507.000, Windows XP SP3 and all the updates.

I also assumed it was a new version of CCleaner, but still have the problem since I've temporarily stopped using it.

Woodgiant Guest

Default Re: 'New Network Found' loooong shot solution

Hello
    I have had the same problem but found an alternative solution that worked for me.
    When you are asked to chose trusted or internet zone -(choose new network screen ), just close the window without choosing. Then on my laptop, a configuration wizard popup in the lower right corner of the screen. There you must choose TRUSTED or INTERNET ZONE and apply ok. Then reboot and see if everything is ok. It worked for me and I can explain why. Hope it will work for you

Best Regards Woodgiant.
    Last edited by Woodgiant; May 12th, 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Blueyplumpie Guest

Smile Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

I previously had this problem so I had to downgrade to version 9.1.008 from version 9.1.507, although this seemed to fix the problem and there was no more 'New network found' dialogue boxes it was rather tacky resolution.

The new version release 9.1.603 seems to have fixed the problem but I shall have to wait for a few days because last time I did a uninstall/reinstall of version 9.1.507 and it seemed to work however after about 4/5 days it started giving the dialogue box at every reboot.

If I don't post back with a comment you can assume that this has fixed my problem.

INFO: I'm using Windows 7 32-bit and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 9.1.603

guizop Guest

Default Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

same problem for me (windows 7 FR, 64b, 4GB), latest patches, ZAX 9.1.507 (driver 9.1.503 ??).
    I restarted with a clean DB, this was ok for a couple of days, and then the problem is back.
    I'll find time to chat with ZA support, if nobody has been given the solution :-)

BTW you cannot start ZA if you don't have a working mouse.... startup stays stuck on the window asking for network security and there are no keyboard shortcuts there it seems...

Before reporting the issue to ZA support try to update to latest version that seems to have addressed the issue.
    For your specific case I would also update windows 7 with the two hotfixes that address compaibility issues with third party firewalls.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976759
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979278

Updates must be run without ZA installed.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; June 13th, 2010 at 08:09 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

guizop Guest

Smile Re: 'New Network Found' after each reboot

works fine, thank you

Thank you for the feedback!

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays