Thread: Zone Alarm Updates are every hour /slows net access to snails pace

QikBBStang Guest

Unhappy Zone Alarm Updates are every hour /slows net access to snails pace

ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE UPDATES slow my computer to a snails pace. If I'm watching an on-line TV show I can not pause the show and am stuck in **** listening/watching bits of the show when the small white tang indicator pops on the Z. Same thing surfing the web windows take forever to open if at all. I can not turn ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE off or discontinue the ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE. My only option is to go do something else and leave the computer for 10-20 minutes. Ditto when I first turn the Computer ON, 20-30 Minutes must be reserved for ZONE ALARM SECURITY SUITE to do it's thing - the computer is in limbo. ~Snip~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; May 26th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

rescue63 Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Updates are every hour /slows net access to snails pace

been using security suite for years and am now facing the same prob exactly------ its a pain in the neck pc slows to a crawl when update is running every damn hour for 5 mins and cpu usage is 100%
    i can dl 500mbs in 5 mins your update cant be anything like that, whats happening????------ its about time you guys got on the case or im gone

Hi rescue63,

Are you running the latest version? (9.1.603.000)?
    What is your system specs?
    Have you tried a clean reinstallation?

Unfortunately, there is limited help that I can give since this board is not monitored by ZoneLabs employees. We are all users helping each other.
    If you need extra help, click on the Technical Support link in my signature below.

chiaz

I have the same issue and it is currently the number one issue that I have with ZoneAlarm.

I have called for support and they did not seem to think the frequent update is an issue. Perhaps if you have the same issue you could post a message here and call and email support?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 25th, 2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Offtopic Comments on Topic that has already been adresses by Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by denverdave View Post
    I have the same issue and it is currently the number one issue that I have with ZoneAlarm.

I have called for support and they did not seem to think the frequent update is an issue. Perhaps if you have the same issue you could post a message here and call and email support?

Hello,

The MAJORITY of ZA users don't have these issues. Its not wide spread over all AV users.

The next Major release of ZA (not due until 2011) will incorporate a brand new Kaspersky engine and new AV update system that will improve performance some.

Its not going to fix everyone since each persons perception of what is fast and acceptable is different.

Sorry ZoneAlarm never gives out exact dates of releases and thats why I can only say in 2011.

So hang in there, AV update performance improvements are coming.

NOTE: a more detailed explaination has already been posted by the MODERATOR at the TOP of the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware section.

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=75551

I am Closing this thread since the issue has been resolved by the MODERATOR.

Do not hesitate to open a new one for any other ZA product related questions/issues.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 25th, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information