Thread: Scan hangs at Iscript7.dll

argyle Guest

Unhappy Scan hangs at Iscript7.dll

For the last month or so, whenever I try to run a AV/AS scan the process hangs at about 3% completed, on this file:

Iscript7.dll

(in the x86Program files/Common files/Installshield... etc. subset of folders, I forget the exact path now and am afraid to look it up again because when I try my entire pc starts performing at the speed of molasses in winter, about 1 click/application/etc per MINUTE)

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 9.1.507.000
    Driver version 9.1.503.000
    AV/AS engine version 8.0.2.48, DAT file version 1018631104
    AntiSpam version 6.0.0.2385
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.149.0

Why is this happening? Can I remove Installshield and live without it? This problem is keeping me from being able to scan my pc, help!

Default Re: Scan hangs at Iscript7.dll

First you should try to understand if it is a ZA problem or a conflict with something else installed on the system that locks that file from reading.

Boot your PC in "SAFE MODE with NETWORKING", run manually ZA and scan (How to start in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING).

You can also exclude the file from the 'on-access' scanning under the advanced options of the antivirus/antispyware section (Virus Management --> Exceptions).

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

argyle Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but in Safe Mode With Networking, the ZA scan still hangs at that file. I guess I could exclude it, but isn't that defeating the purpose? Since my pc reacts so weirdly when I even look into the file folder that contains that file (huge lag/delays on everything once I do that, until I restart the whole machine, can't basically get anything done), I would think that the problem lies with that file. I guess I'm asking if anyone knows what that file does, how could it have gotten corrupted, do I really need it (can I delete it?), or how would I get a new one? (thanks again!)

Installshield is manufactured by www.flexerasoftware.com/ it is used by many software companies including thier flexnet license control used by for example, adobe acrobat reader (professional version) to ensure you are running a legit copy.

It is really difficult to suggest to remove it since you may render other software on the system unusable.

In principle you should track with which software it was installed with and then ask support of that software o remove reinstall a fresh copy of that software. The above is not always easy to guess because the user is not aware of this installation that happens in the background.

If you are still on ZAX 9.1 (rather old) you could try to update to the latest version 9.3. To do this first unistall ZAX (control panel --> uninstall a program --> ZoneAlarm...) and then install a fresh copy of ZAX with default settings.
    You find latest version of ZAX here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

Finally excluding a single file it is unlikely to be a major security risk. Malware needs much more than a file to take control of a system.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information