Thread: ZA does not run at startup every time due to a weak internet connections

ohanna Guest

Default ZA does not run at startup every time due to a weak internet connections

Since I installed the new version of ZA (9.1.007.002), I've noticed that ZA does not always start automatically when my PC starts up, even though I have it set on the Preferences tab. This problem is observed about 1 out of every 3 times I start my PC. I looked at ErrorLog file in the ZA directory under program file and it looks clean to me (pls see below). Any suggestion would be appreciated.

# This file is created by a ZoneLabs installer to report errors encountered in the install process.
    # Log created 03/13/10 9:42:12
    # Installing ZoneAlarm on Windows version: 6.0.6002
    # Computer name: MY-PC
    Command line:
    # Command Line =
    All Errorlogs consolidated.
    Result of inuse check: Non-Existant
    Finished with logging Installer messages.
    Finished with logging Installer messages.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling ZA three times. The first two times I use the cpes_clean.exe to uninstall, the third time I followed the instructions on http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthre...all+zone+alarm, so I am pretty sure that the uninstallation was clean.

System info: Vista SP2, ZA 9.1.007.002, also have AVG 9 running if that's relevant.

Thank you.

Default Re: ZA does not run at startup every time

Hi!
    when this happens can you check in the task manager if you see the "zlclient.exe" file (processes tab)?

Also push on "show processes from all users" and check you see a process called "vsmon.exe"

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Ed1952 Guest

Default Re: ZA does not run at startup every time

I also find that Zone Alarm will not "RUN" at every "Boot Up".

Error message's will be shown, on Desk Top, at boot up.
    An icon "Z" will be shown on bottom task bar.

If you receive the error messages, this might indicate that Zone Alarm was “unable” to connect to the “internet”.

When viewing Zone Alarm, when “RED” indicates that the software is not working.

When viewing Zone Alarm, when “GREEN” indicates that the software is working correctly.

I am connected using ADSL (High Speed Internet). Due to where I am located, I will at times, receive weak signals. My browser will also “Time Out”.

My actual case history of Zone Alarm will not "RUN" at every "Boot Up", is due to weak internet connections. I was able to verify the weak internet connection, with another home computer.

Thread Information