Thread: Zonealarm security suite "invalid time and update to fix"

AbarC Guest

Default Zonealarm security suite "invalid time and update to fix"

I am running windows XPP. Every time I boot up I get the message that I have to update because of time settings. I seen this in other posts, but no fix. If I turn off my cleanup program at bootup, zonealarm security suite 9.1 works fine. But as soon as I turn it on and let it boot up, bam, there goes that msg and being on dial up it takes 25 to 45 minutes to fix. It don't fix it till after I reboot and turn off my cleanup again. The fix it just does not work, so why have the option there or tell users they have to reboot after update?
    The cleanup program deletes a multiple amount of windows temp directories and cookies and history directories. Unlike sold copies that claim they delete the temp files and cookies, they don't, or their would be more people complaining. This program REALLY removes the directories and windows recreates them when it boots with NOTHING in them. Why would they put whatever files that are always read in a temp directory? Put them where they belong in the zonelabs directory. They can't be temp files if they are needed all the time. I am just getting tired of this. I have had the cleanup program running in XP since it came out and NEVER had a problem till now with zonealarm. Am I going to have to after over 9 years of using zonealarm give up on it?
    Just for your information the following directories are being deleted and have been for years and have had to have to reinstall windows only once to update the system. My other computer has not had windows reinstalled since 2002. I will not suffer all the problems others have by turning off cleanup to use zonealarm.
    Here are the directories being deleted and files;

windows\intern~1
    del *.tmp
    del tvd*.*
    del za*.*
    windows
    deltree/y temp
    windows\system32\drivers
    attrib -s -h fidb*.*
    del fidb*.*
    windows\system32\config\system~1
    deltree/y cookies
    deltree/y locals~1
    deltree/y recent
    docume~1\admini~1\locals~1
    deltree/y tempor~1
    deltree/y temp
    deltree/y history
    applic~1\micros~1
    deltree/y mediap~1
    docume~1\user\locals~1
    deltree/y tempor~1
    deltree/y temp
    deltree/y history
    applic~1\micros~1
    deltree/y mediap~1
    deltree/y cookies
    deltree/y recent
    applic~1\macrom~1\flashp~1
    deltree/y #share*.*
    deltree/y macro*.*
    docume~1
    attrib -h defaul~1
    defaul~1\locals~1
    deltree/y tempor~1
    deltree/y temp
    deltree/y history
    deltree/y cookies
    deltree/y recent
    deltree/y favori~1
    docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\micros~1
    deltree/y mediap~1
    docume~1
    attrib -h locals~1
    locals~1\locals~1
    deltree/y tempor~1
    deltree/y temp
    deltree/y history
    deltree/y cookies
    docume~1
    attrib -h networ~1
    networ~1\locals~1
    deltree/y tempor~1
    deltree/y temp
    deltree/y history
    deltree/y cookies
    deltree/y Config.Msi
    attrib -h -s found*.*
    deltree/y found*.*
    attrib -h -s page*.*
    del page*.*

I removed all the commands for directory changes but as you can see you get the idea of what is being deleted. What do I have to do to get this problem resolved? Like said, I will drop ZA before I drop the cleanup.

AbarC Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm security suite "invalid time and update to fix"

~~snip~~ I would like to know what file is in the temp directory(s) so that I can edit the cleanup program to not delete them. I wrote the cleanup program!

As for contacting tech support, I did through email and have yet to have a reply from them. ~~snip~~
    Last edited by fax; June 14th, 2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: offtopic

Default Re: Zonealarm security suite "invalid time and update to fix"

Hi!
    again, all users here, if other users have not replied means they don't know how to help you.

Support has no direct e-mail support, if you did via the web you should have get an automatic reply with your case number. ZA support always answer to tickects. It may have been junked by the ISP mail provider.

The best is to contact them via the live text chat as already indicated so they can assist you on the spot. I am not sure they will be able to help you since the question you have is outside their normal support activities. You should go by exclusion and remove by group of 4 or 5 your cleanup list up to then you find the culprit.

Personally I would not remove this: del fidb*.*, its a file from the antivirus altough it looks like a ZA version 8 file. Are you using an old ZA version? Or an old KAV engine? Note that you should not run more than one AV at the same time. Just guessing since the information given is very limited.

Sorry this all I can say. May be other users can spot other temp areas that should not be deleted.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; June 14th, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information