Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] ZA installer cannot be validated -> Use zonelabs servers and not zonealarm

kritiker Guest

Default Re: digital signature of this installer cannot be validated

There is some evidence to support the idea that I have an infection. MBAM needed to be renamed to run and then found (quickscan) what it identified as two Trojans HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\t1w.ourmimefilter
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0eb00690-8fa1-11d3-96c7-829e3ea50c29}
    I let it remove them.

I ran Hitman Pro but the results were inconclusive - a suspicious file was found but it may have been OK. I deleted it anyway.

I am currently also running SuperAntiSpyware.

I will also run ZA as you suggest but it will be only zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe since I cannot install zaSuiteSetup_91_507_000_en.exe either.

This hasn't yet been enough to resolve the problem. More results later.

UPDATE:
    None of the Malware checking produced any convincing results. I might have missed something but everything these programs found seemed OK. In one case a file in one directory was marked as a Trojan but the same file in another wasn't. ZoneAlarm's scan found nothing amiss.

I suspect I'll have to try rebuilding Windows. more later.

UPDATE2:
    Tech Support has sent this issue "up". More later.
    Last edited by kritiker; June 15th, 2010 at 05:40 PM.

Hello,

We identified we had one bad upload of ZAAV. It has been fixed and this issue no longer exists.

Best regards
    Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by kritiker View Post
    Well, I am certainly getting a different error now after downloading ZAIS (not ZAAV), zaSuiteSetup_91_603_000_en.exe. Now I am told that "Could not initialize installation. Could not extract Wise0132.dll to ... CRC does not match.".
    Getting this after having reinstalled the OS?

Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

kritiker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Getting this after having reinstalled the OS?
    Oh, no, just after the report, in post 12 of this thread, that this issue has been resolved. I won't be reinstalling the OS at least until after I hear back from ZA Tech Support.
    Last edited by kritiker; June 15th, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

We checked all our download links are they are working fine.

I think this goes back to the beginning where a Guru suspects you have malware on your PC that is damaging downloads since your download file size is different from everyone else experience using the same URL you are.

Forum Moderator

kritiker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    ...The correct size is 144.176.128 bytes...
    Hmm, that's my file size too so it's the same as everyone else's.

Thanks for double checking the other downloads.

I have checked for malware as per the directions that fax provides in http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=70448. Nothing appears out of place.

I just reloaded an Image from Sept 2009, when downloads for zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe still worked (hopefully before any malware infections) and the download for zaSuiteSetup_91_603_000_en.exe failed, as before (with the signatue message.). I am applying system updates to see if they help. If not I'll revert back to a clean install image of SP3, do the system updates and see what happesn to the downloads. That should take the prospect of potential malware infectioions out of the picture.

Once I hear back from ZA Tech Support, I may have to do a repair installation of Windows. Until then, I'll have to be patient, but I will post if I learn anything. Thanks.
    Last edited by kritiker; June 15th, 2010 at 05:39 PM.

Once I hear back from ZA Tech Support, I may have to do a repair installation of Windows. Until then, I'll have to be patient, but I will post if I learn anything. Thanks.
    Safest approach is:

- Reformat HD
    - Install XP from original disks
    - Turn ON windows firewall
    - Full patch the system via windows update
    - Install latest version of ZA Suite, update ZA antivirus/antiaspyware, allow for full scan.
    - Install all the rest

The above will ensure that you start from a clean baseline

Fax

kritiker Guest

Well, in an empty partition (actually unallocated space in which I created a fresh partition) I reinstalled and fully updated Windows XP Pro SP3. The results, when I then attempted to run a freshly dowloaded zaSuiteSetup_91_603_000_en.exe, were the same, invalid signature.

I suppose I could pull out a spare HD (instead of just a parttion on my main HD) and try that but the process of recosntructing my entire system would simply take too long to approach it lightly. If there's any way of fixing my existing system installation I'll grasp at it, especially since reinstalling the system doesn't really seem to help. (I'll reiiterate that none of the mal-ware detection scans that I ran turned up anything. Nor did updating the system do anything. I haven't yet tried a repair of my WIn XP Pro SP3 installation but I doubt that would do anything either.)

I still haven't heard back from Tech Support so perhaps they'll have some light to shed on the matter. I'll report further develoments here. Thanks for the help. It's much appreciated.
    Last edited by kritiker; June 19th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.

Hi!
    as you can see you are the only one here having this problem and, as far as I can recall, the only one ever
    So something must be wrong at your end. Try to run the ZA installer on a friend computer to be sure is not corrupted.

Fax

Well, in an empty partition (actually unallocated space in which I created a fresh partition) I reinstalled and fully updated Windows XP Pro SP3. The results, when I then attempted to run a freshly dowloaded zaSuiteSetup_91_603_000_en.exe, were the same, invalid signature.

. I haven't yet tried a repair of my WIn XP Pro SP3 installation but I doubt that would do anything either.)

I still haven't heard back from Tech Support so perhaps they'll have some light to shed on the matter. I'll report further develoments here. Thanks for the help. It's much appreciated.

I agree with Guru Fax and the Forum Moderator..

One Thing that you said on your last post, what that you had Installed a fresh copy of Win XP on a Seperate Particion?

Zone Alarm is designed to be Installed on Windows C:\ partician..

If you have found no Malware and have Re-Downloaded a Good fresh copy of Zone Alarm that is complete and not corrupted..

Then thing left is the following advice that will ensure a clean install on a Windows OS that is not Corrupted..

Safest approach is:

- Reformat HD
    - Install XP from original disks
    - Turn ON windows firewall
    - Full patch the system via windows update
    - Install latest version of ZA Suite, update ZA antivirus/antiaspyware, allow for full scan.
    - Install all the rest

The above will ensure that you start from a clean baseline
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information