Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] ZA installer cannot be validated -> Use zonelabs servers and not zonealarm

kritiker Guest

Default Re: digital signature of this installer cannot be validated

Several Points.

1. I always have two partitions on my HDs for the OS, Only one is active at any time. The other is not mounted. I deleted one of these partitions and recreated it, made it the active C: partition and dismounted the other C: partition and then reinstalled the OS from a slip-streamed WinXP Pro SP3 CD into that fresh C: partition. After updating that installation of Win XP Pro I tried the ZAISS installer and it failed. So reinstalling with a fresh Windows install doesn't solve my problem, whatever my problem is.

2. I had also tried it on my second (also Win XP Pro SP3) computer. It failed. I tried downloading it to a Mac and transferring it to my computer. It failed.

3. Lastly, I just now tried downloading and running it on my daughter's Vista laptop. It failed, just as before.

4. I may be the only one experiencing this problem but I am also experiencing it only with the most recent ZAISS downloads (9.1.507, 9.1.512 (German) and 9.1.603) and not my earlier ones.

I am now "officially" puzzled.

I am going to continue trying to find out what is wrong and maybe ZA Tech Support can shed some light on it based on the info I sent them but in the meantime I will have to live with the version of ZAISS tha I have installed, 9.1.008.

Thanks again for all the help.

Addendum
    Just to see what happens, I re-downloaded zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe. The first try failed with a "An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installer media or a corrupt installation file." eror message. The second attempt ran just fine. Not sure what this (or any of this) means.
    Last edited by kritiker; June 20th, 2010 at 07:15 AM.

kritiker Guest

I just finished another Live Chat session. After explaining that I got the same failure on three different computers (2 XP and 1 Vista) I was given a different link http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...603_000_en.exe and this time the installer ran.

The explanation was that "This is the same file we've been sending to you, but the address is download.zonelabs.com instead of download.zonealarm.com. This uses a different DNS address, which can help the download process if you are having trouble downloading." and "It is very puzzling, I'm not sure exactly why this happens, but we've seen issues with DNS addresses cause this, which is why using 'Zonelabs.com' instead of 'Zonealarm.com' in the address seems to help.".
    Last edited by kritiker; June 21st, 2010 at 06:46 AM.

Finally you found the solution...
    Will change the title of the thread and close it since the issue is resolved.

Please PM me if you need to re-open it.

Thank you,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; June 21st, 2010 at 06:57 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information