Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7 =>I disabled Windows Defender

  1. #1
    dbaldacchino Guest

    Smile ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7 =>I disabled Windows Defender

    Hi, I just got a new laptop running Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium) and when I install the latest ZA, everything works fine. Then after a restart or a day later, I get a message that the anti-virus has deactivated due to a date change (no changes have been made) or because an update needs to be performed. The Fix-it button does nothing. I also tried to run the update and it says I'm up to date. I also go through the Windows Action Center and click the link to re-activate ZA Anti-virus, but nothing happens. I have to completely uninstall and re-install the entire program. Obviously, this is getting annoying

    I'm also getting messages in the taskbar notification area that ZA needs a "certificate update". It asksy ou to click the message and you get back to the ZA console where all the buttons and links to solve the problem won't work. What's the solution? I'm out of ideas! Thanks

    Dave

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,465

    Default Re: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Hi, I just got a new laptop running Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium) and when I install the latest ZA, everything works fine. Then after a restart or a day later, I get a message that the anti-virus has deactivated due to a date change (no changes have been made) or because an update needs to be performed. The Fix-it button does nothing. I also tried to run the update and it says I'm up to date. I also go through the Windows Action Center and click the link to re-activate ZA Anti-virus, but nothing happens. I have to completely uninstall and re-install the entire program. Obviously, this is getting annoying

    I'm also getting messages in the taskbar notification area that ZA needs a "certificate update". It asksy ou to click the message and you get back to the ZA console where all the buttons and links to solve the problem won't work. What's the solution? I'm out of ideas! Thanks

    Dave

    This may be due to ZA database corruption or conflicts with running third party applications.

    Also, Most new Computers come with Pre-Installed Trial 3rd party Security Software, that if not completely removed before installing Zone Alarm, may conflict with or Corrupt Zone Alarm.. Just One installed Firewall is allowed and just one installed Anti-Virus is allowed..

    If yes, your ZA may be corrupted and you may need to reset it. click the link below to See here how to do it:

    ============================================

    ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.


    To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

    Did you updated any software in your computer or installed new software recently?

    The new update or the new software may conflict with ZA and cause this issue.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    dbaldacchino Guest

    Default Re: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7

    Thanks, The reset worked but the problem will most likely happen again by tomorrow. We'll see.

    Yes, this laptop did come with a pre-installed trial (Can't remember the software name), which I uninstalled immediately. ZA is the last software I put on here (still pretty much bare-bones at this time). So I don't know what it could be conflicting with. I'll search through the registry to check for any pre-installed anti-virus entries and delete them manually. I'll report back if the problem goes away.

    Dave

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,465

    Default Re: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Thanks, The reset worked but the problem will most likely happen again by tomorrow. We'll see.

    Yes, this laptop did come with a pre-installed trial (Can't remember the software name), which I uninstalled immediately. ZA is the last software I put on here (still pretty much bare-bones at this time). So I don't know what it could be conflicting with. I'll search through the registry to check for any pre-installed anti-virus entries and delete them manually. I'll report back if the problem goes away.

    Dave
    Thank you for your Feedback..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  5. #5
    dbaldacchino Guest

    Default Re: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7

    Hi, the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware has not de-activated again so far. I think I figured what the problem was: Windows Defender was also enabled, so I was running 2 anti-spyware apps. I disabled Defender and so far everything seems to be working fine.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,465

    Default Re: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7

    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Hi, the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware has not de-activated again so far. I think I figured what the problem was: Windows Defender was also enabled, so I was running 2 anti-spyware apps. I disabled Defender and so far everything seems to be working fine.

    Great News!!!

    Thank you for the Feedback..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anti virus scan disabled by virus
    By twilightzone in forum ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 8th, 2009, 11:11 AM
  2. Anti-virus scan disabled
    By paxlancer in forum ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 30th, 2009, 07:16 AM
  3. Anti Virus says it is disabled but Windows says it is okay
    By biggerwook in forum ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
  4. ZA8.0.59.00 Anti-virus disabled
    By pbpv in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 24th, 2008, 04:05 PM
  5. Anti-Virus will not run / Anti-Virus disabled
    By ggavaghan in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 27th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •