Thread: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7 =>I disabled Windows Defender

dbaldacchino Guest

Smile ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7 =>I disabled Windows Defender

Hi, I just got a new laptop running Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium) and when I install the latest ZA, everything works fine. Then after a restart or a day later, I get a message that the anti-virus has deactivated due to a date change (no changes have been made) or because an update needs to be performed. The Fix-it button does nothing. I also tried to run the update and it says I'm up to date. I also go through the Windows Action Center and click the link to re-activate ZA Anti-virus, but nothing happens. I have to completely uninstall and re-install the entire program. Obviously, this is getting annoying

I'm also getting messages in the taskbar notification area that ZA needs a "certificate update". It asksy ou to click the message and you get back to the ZA console where all the buttons and links to solve the problem won't work. What's the solution? I'm out of ideas! Thanks

Dave

Default Re: ZA Anti-virus deactivating in Win 7

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldacchino View Post
    Hi, I just got a new laptop running Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium) and when I install the latest ZA, everything works fine. Then after a restart or a day later, I get a message that the anti-virus has deactivated due to a date change (no changes have been made) or because an update needs to be performed. The Fix-it button does nothing. I also tried to run the update and it says I'm up to date. I also go through the Windows Action Center and click the link to re-activate ZA Anti-virus, but nothing happens. I have to completely uninstall and re-install the entire program. Obviously, this is getting annoying

I'm also getting messages in the taskbar notification area that ZA needs a "certificate update". It asksy ou to click the message and you get back to the ZA console where all the buttons and links to solve the problem won't work. What's the solution? I'm out of ideas! Thanks

Dave

This may be due to ZA database corruption or conflicts with running third party applications.

Also, Most new Computers come with Pre-Installed Trial 3rd party Security Software, that if not completely removed before installing Zone Alarm, may conflict with or Corrupt Zone Alarm.. Just One installed Firewall is allowed and just one installed Anti-Virus is allowed..

If yes, your ZA may be corrupted and you may need to reset it. click the link below to See here how to do it:

============================================

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

Did you updated any software in your computer or installed new software recently?

The new update or the new software may conflict with ZA and cause this issue.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dbaldacchino Guest

Thanks, The reset worked but the problem will most likely happen again by tomorrow. We'll see.

Yes, this laptop did come with a pre-installed trial (Can't remember the software name), which I uninstalled immediately. ZA is the last software I put on here (still pretty much bare-bones at this time). So I don't know what it could be conflicting with. I'll search through the registry to check for any pre-installed anti-virus entries and delete them manually. I'll report back if the problem goes away.

Dave

Thanks, The reset worked but the problem will most likely happen again by tomorrow. We'll see.

Yes, this laptop did come with a pre-installed trial (Can't remember the software name), which I uninstalled immediately. ZA is the last software I put on here (still pretty much bare-bones at this time). So I don't know what it could be conflicting with. I'll search through the registry to check for any pre-installed anti-virus entries and delete them manually. I'll report back if the problem goes away.

Dave
    Thank you for your Feedback..
    GeorgeV

dbaldacchino Guest

Hi, the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware has not de-activated again so far. I think I figured what the problem was: Windows Defender was also enabled, so I was running 2 anti-spyware apps. I disabled Defender and so far everything seems to be working fine.

Hi, the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware has not de-activated again so far. I think I figured what the problem was: Windows Defender was also enabled, so I was running 2 anti-spyware apps. I disabled Defender and so far everything seems to be working fine.

Great News!!!

Thank you for the Feedback..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information