Thread: ZA Extreme security hates 6core cpu's?

Hawke67 Guest

Default ZA Extreme security hates 6core cpu's?

Hi.

This is my first post here, mainly because za have worked flawlessly for me up to now. My problems started when I uppgraded my pc with a new motherboard and an amd 6core cpu. Since then im not able to use za at all. As soon as I have za installed windows freeze. I can move the mousepointer around and thats it. Programs wont load and not even ctrl,alt,del work. Its completely frozen. When I logg in on safemode and uninstall za everything works fine again, but if I reinstall za the problems come back.

I use xphome32bit (just like I did before). I have made a clean install of windows (well two actually) but nothing helps. As soon as za is installed everything freezes up. I tried installing all avalible uppdates through windows uppdate, but that didnt help ither.

I want to continue to use zonealarm extreme security but how? Anyone, plz help me.

Default Re: ZA Extreme security hates 6core cpu's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke67 View Post
    Hi.

This is my first post here, mainly because za have worked flawlessly for me up to now. My problems started when I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and an amd 6core cpu. Since then im not able to use za at all. As soon as I have za installed windows freeze. I can move the mousepointer around and thats it. Programs wont load and not even ctrl,alt,del work. Its completely frozen. When I logg in on safemode and uninstall za everything works fine again, but if I reinstall za the problems come back.

I use xphome32bit (just like I did before). I have made a clean install of windows (well two actually) but nothing helps. As soon as za is installed everything freezes up. I tried installing all available updates through windows update, but that didn't help ither.

I want to continue to use zonealarm extreme security but how? Anyone, plz help me.

Sorry, No User here with Experience with 6 Core CPU on Win XP motherboard and ZA Extreme..

Please Click on the Tech Support Live Chat Link in my Signature..

They are On-Line Right Now.. but normally Off Line on Weekends..

Let me know what you find out..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 26th, 2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information