Thread: PC Upgrade

morey Guest

Default PC Upgrade

I am upgrading my PC from a Dell XPS 600 with Windows XP SP3 to a Dell XPS 9000 with Windows 7 Home 64 Bit.

Presently I use:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1020810304
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

I had upgraded ZASS to 9.1.507 but it caused slow access to MS IE 8 and prevented my LifeJournal2 program from operating altogether. Thus, I uninstalled it and went back to ZASS 9.1.008. I notice here on the Forum that others have had problems with MS IE 8 and ZASS 9.1.603 when also using WIN XP SP3.

I downloaded ZASS 9.1.603 for use on my new PC. I am ordering the PC without any Anti-Virus Suites installed.

First, when I start up my new PC, I want to install ZASS before I go anywhere on the Internet. I won't have access to my password for ZASS until after I activate my password program which will require internet access. Can I install and temporarily activate ZASS without using my password? If so, I can do that first and then install the password later.

Second, have users of Windows 7 Home 64 bit encountered major problems with ZASS 9.1.603 and MS IE 8 as I have noticed that Window XP users have had? If that is true, I have retained the ZASS 9.1.008 setup file if required.

Third, is it true that ZASS still uses the Kaspersky anti-virus/anti-spam module? In internet ratings of software Kaspersky comes in high but ZASS is never included in the ratings. Thus, if ZASS uses Kaspersky, can I safely assume that ZASS would be on a par with Kaspersky in the ratings?

Lastly, I'd like to thank Fax and George in advance for all the time they put in as volunteers to help the rest of us. I can usually manage ZASS on my own and am very satisfied with the control it gives me. Sometimes folks post a lot of problems here but, if one examines Forums for any other software products, they will see problems with ALL of them. Thus, problems are normal for some folks at some times no matter what products they use.
    Last edited by morey; June 25th, 2010 at 08:01 AM.

Default Re: PC Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by morey View Post
    I am upgrading my PC from a Dell XPS 600 with Windows XP SP3 to a Dell XPS 9000 with Windows 7 Home 64 Bit.

Presently I use:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.1.008.000
    TrueVector version:9.1.008.000
    Driver version:9.1.008.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.42
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1020810304
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383

I had upgraded ZASS to 9.1.507 but it caused slow access to MS IE 8 and prevented my LifeJournal2 program from operating altogether. Thus, I installed it and went back to ZASS 9.1.008. I notice here on the Forum that others have had problems with MS IE 8 and ZASS 9.1.603 when also using WIN XP SP3.

I downloaded ZASS 9.1.603 for use on my new PC. I am ordering the PC without any Anti-Virus Suites installed.

First, when I start up my new PC, I want to install ZASS before I go anywhere on the Internet. I won't have access to my password for ZASS until after I activate my password program which will require internet access. Can I install and temporarily activate ZASS without using my password? If so, I can do that first and then install the password later.

Second, have users of Windows 7 Home 64 bit encountered major problems with ZASS 9.1.603 and MS IE 8 as I have noticed that Window XP users have had? If that is true, I have retained the ZASS 9.1.008 setup file if required.

Third, is it true that ZASS still uses the Kaspersky anti-virus/anti-spam module? In internet ratings of software Kaspersky comes in high but ZASS is never included in the ratings. Thus, if ZASS uses Kaspersky, can I safely assume that ZASS would be on a par with Kaspersky in the ratings?

Lastly, I'd like to thank Fax and George in advance for all the time they put in as volunteers to help the rest of us. I can usually manage ZASS on my own and am very satisfied with the control it gives me. Sometimes folks post a lot of problems here but, if one examines Forums for any other software products, they will see problems with ALL of them. Thus, problems are normal for some folks at some times no matter what products they use.

1.) No password needed to install ZASS on new Win7 computer..
    The new computer does not know about the ZA Password that you Used on the WinXP Dell computer..

2.) I have ZASS & ZAES 9.1.603.000 installed on Three Windows 7 Home Premium (one 32 Bit and two 64 Bit) computer with no problem..

However, It is OK for now, if you want to Stay with ZASS 9.1.008.000 with your New Windows 7 Computer, until there is a New Release..

No ETA of when the next Release will be available yet..

"You can not Gage the Successfull Installs of Zone Alarm for most users based on what you Read in this User Forum.. There are Millions of Paid Users of Zone Alarm, and Less than 1/10th of one percent post in this User Forum.. Very few User Post in the User Forum when they have no Problem with the product.."

3.) Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Is Part of ZAAV/ZASS/ZAES

New unified anti-virus and anti-spyware engine:
    Scans 80%-90% faster and combines anti-virus and anti-spyware into one scan
    More advanced scan options- riskware, ADS, heuristic scanning, and more exception options
    Additional on-access scan controls
    On-access scanning now detects spyware

Lastly.. Thank you for your Apreciation of the Hard work by Volunteer Helpers of this ZA User Forum..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 25th, 2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information