Thread: permanent network access

kevpc Guest

Default how to allow permanent network access

more advice needed if possible guys, please. hope i am describing this correctly.
    my computer is the main machine and is hard wired to my router. my wife's laptop connects wirelessly. with the new 057 free, every time i connect to the internet, it keeps finding a new network and asking if i want to allow it to the trusted zone or internet zone. i click on trusted zone and a tick is in a box for zone alarm to configure (network?) access automatically. however, every time i disconnect from the internet, clean the machine of cookies etc, when i reconnect to the internet, zone alarm gives the same message. is there a way of giving permanent access to the network or must i allow every time? what i get in Zone Alarm is this:

Name IP Address/Site Entry Type Zone
    New Network ***.***.*.*/255.255.255.0 Network Trusted
    DHCP Server ***.***.*.* IP Address Trusted

Right click on ‘New Network’ row gives a box with ‘add, remove, edit. Move across from ‘Add’ and get ‘Host/Site, IP Address, IP Range, Subnet. Which do I want? What do I put in? I have replaced the IP address numbers with '*' myself.

sorry to appear thick but didn't have this happen with previous versions of zone alarm free. if cant sort out, will have to revert to previous 044 again.

TIA
    Last edited by kevpc; June 27th, 2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: changed text

kevpc Guest

Default Re: permanent network access

as no one is either having the same problem or dont know the answer, i have had no choice but to remove 057 and reinstall 044 on XP. everything fine again. i think there is a problem with this release and it needs checking out, unless someone can suggest the answer. not prepared to risk it atm on win 7 in case the slow shut down is still present. would be grateful of feedback if all ok tho'

Thread Information