Thread: xbox360 extender does not work with Zonealarm more than once

extended Guest

Default xbox360 extender does not work with Zonealarm more than once

Hi All,I have spent around a month trying to get Zonealarm Internet Security suite 2009 to work with the xbox360 as an extender.
    The problem is that the xbox work after the media centre pc (vista Premium) is restarted but does not work after that.
    I have found a post suggesting uninstall zonealarm which now allows the xbox to run 100%.
    I really want to get this working as I've spent my $100 so want to use zonealarm but this is a major problem for me.
    I have added all the ports supplied by MS but still had no luck.
    Disableing zonealarm does not work either.
    I cannot find any ports or messages being blocked in the logs within zonealarm either.
    The xbox is hardwired.
    Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.
    Regards
    Extender

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: xbox360 extender does not work with Zonealarm more than once

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Felicks Guest

Exclamation Re: xbox360 extender does not work with Zonealarm more than once

I have recently purchased an Xbox 360 to use primarily as a media extender and had exactly the same issue - connected easily when first setup, but refused to connect to the Media Centre app after that, requiring reinstallation.

I have now uninstalled Zonealarm Security Suite to get around that issue. I'm still using it on my two other PC's but its fairly drastic action to have to take.

Fax - the above link is not currently working. If you have a suggested fix, I and possibly others, can't read it. Please repost or repair the link thanks.

Default Re: xbox360 extender does not work with Zonealarm more than once

Quote Originally Posted by Felicks View Post
    I have recently purchased an Xbox 360 to use primarily as a media extender and had exactly the same issue - connected easily when first setup, but refused to connect to the Media Centre app after that, requiring reinstallation.

I have now uninstalled Zonealarm Security Suite to get around that issue. I'm still using it on my two other PC's but its fairly drastic action to have to take.

Fax - the above link is not currently working. If you have a suggested fix, I and possibly others, can't read it. Please repost or repair the link thanks.
    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

I'm Sorry, you are Replying to a Very Old post from 2009, with a Thread link that can No longer be Fixed, because that link no longer Exist..

Here is a different Link that References ZA Free and XBOX 360..

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=61527
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 2nd, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Felicks Guest

Default Re: instructions to set up computer-linked xbox 360 in ZA Free

Sorry, I tried this but still no go. I have had to uninstall ZA Security suite in order to get it to work. Disabling it didn't work - it had to be uninstalled which surprised me I have to say.

Rather drastic I know but after two days and six reinstalls of the Xbox app to access my PC's media centre application, I had had enough and my wife wasn't impressed with my new purchase and promises of a handy media extender.

I'm using 32bit Windows7 home premium on a dedicated HTPC.

Zone Labs - do you have any other temp fixes or changes to the program in the pipeline to get around this? A link in another thread from Fax doesn't work, so I'm still in the dark I'm afraid.

Default Re: instructions to set up computer-linked xbox 360 in ZA Free

Quote Originally Posted by Felicks View Post
    Sorry, I tried this but still no go. I have had to uninstall ZA Security suite in order to get it to work. Disabling it didn't work - it had to be uninstalled which surprised me I have to say.

Rather drastic I know but after two days and six reinstalls of the Xbox app to access my PC's media centre application, I had had enough and my wife wasn't impressed with my new purchase and promises of a handy media extender.

I'm using 32bit Windows7 home premium on a dedicated HTPC.

Zone Labs - do you have any other temp fixes or changes to the program in the pipeline to get around this? A link in another thread from Fax doesn't work, so I'm still in the dark I'm afraid.

I moved your Reply back to the Thread that you started, since you using the ZA Security Suite..
    Zonelabs does not Monitor this User supported Forum.

If no user with XBOX 360 Responds to your Post, I suggest that you Contact the official ZA Tech Support Live Chat Link in my Signature,and Explain your problem with ZASS and XBOX 360..

Post back here if you find a Solution that worked for you..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 1st, 2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information