Thread: [Solved] ZA Extreme version error - removal utility and it worked like a charm

dreadpirateandy Guest

Thumbs up [Solved] ZA Extreme version error - removal utility and it worked like a charm

I've been using the free ZA Firewall for a bit, and decided to purchase ZA Extreme. I uninstalled the firewall and then attempted to install ZA Extreme. As soon as I run the installation file, I get the following error message:

"This installation is restricted. The product you are installing, ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, is an older version (9.1.507.000) than is currently installed on your computer (9.2.057.000) and must be uninstalled before you may install this product. You will lose your current ZoneAlarm settings."

Is this caused by the firewall somehow? How would I go about fixing this?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 8th, 2010 at 10:34 AM. Reason: adjustment to Title to reflect Fix Solution

Default Re: ZA Extreme version error

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpirateandy View Post
    I've been using the free ZA Firewall for a bit, and decided to purchase ZA Extreme. I uninstalled the firewall and then attempted to install ZA Extreme. As soon as I run the installation file, I get the following error message:

"This installation is restricted. The product you are installing, ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, is an older version (9.1.507.000) than is currently installed on your computer (9.2.057.000) and must be uninstalled before you may install this product. You will lose your current ZoneAlarm settings."

Is this caused by the firewall somehow? How would I go about fixing this?

Hello,

Download the following utility to remove all traces of ZA and that should bring your internet back. The utility will reboot your system once and finish uninstalling. I would suggest one more restart after that.

Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

The safest procedure for Re-installing ZA Extreme Security is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security updates

If you need a Language other than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

NOTE: You may Skip Steps 2 - 4 if you have properly Uninstalled the previous ZA version.

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-virus program, some Anti-spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...

PLEASE Post back with your progress Report..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 17th, 2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: update
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dreadpirateandy Guest

Default Re: ZA Extreme version error

I tried the removal utility and it worked like a charm. It went fast, restarted, and then I restarted again and the ZA Extreme installation execute with no problem.

Thanks a ton for the help GeorgeV!

Default [Resolved] ZA Extreme Bad Install

Your Welcome..

Thank you for your Feedback..

This session is Closed.. Please PM me if you need to reopen it..

Thread Information