Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Network Found

gebmale Guest

Default Re: New Network Found

George,
    This is great, but there is no Network Settings option in the advanced section. Only a Security option. Also the link you refer to was last updated on August 18,2008. It seems to be out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by gebmale View Post
    George,
    This is great, but there is no Network Settings option in the advanced section. Only a Security option. Also the link you refer to was last updated on August 18,2008. It seems to be out of date.
    Maybe this link that Resolved the problem for another ZA Free User will help you?

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=74654
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

gebmale Guest

Hi George,
    Thanks, but it looks like I may have fixed the problem. I rebooted the machine into safe mode with network support. Once it booted into safe mode, I manually started ZA. Then I waited 5 minutes and rebooted again into normal mode. The new network found alert has not popped up since I rebooted. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I'm happy it's working. Hopefully it's not a coincidence and this works for the other people with the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Maybe this link that Resolved the problem for another ZA Free User will help you?

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=74654

Your Welcome..

Thank you for your Feedback..
    GeorgeV

paulinee43 Guest

Angry Re: Latest Zone Alarm messing Up IE8

Oh goodness - just read all the links on here and it seems to me this is all getting far too technical! I think software should just - well - work! Without all this twiddling around and the program altering settings that the user has carefully set! There was a time when Zone Alarm did just that! ~~SNIP ~~ .
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 3rd, 2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Removed Offtopic Coments

Default Re: Latest Zone Alarm messing Up IE8

Quote Originally Posted by paulinee43 View Post
    Oh goodness - just read all the links on here and it seems to me this is all getting far too technical! I think software should just - well - work! Without all this twiddling around and the program altering settings that the user has carefully set! There was a time when Zone Alarm did just that!~~ SNIP ~~ !

Sorry, Technology and New Virus/Hacker Threats require Security Software to be more complicated..

"Computers are Expensive pieces of equipment. For the same reasons you lock your home and car (to keep others out), you need to have some type of Firewall & Antivirus protection on your computer. There is an Arms race out there between malware producers and Antivirus software producers. and the War Escalates daily.

Remaining unprotected even for the short period of time it takes to Boot up your computer and manually start ZoneAlarm is a sure-fire way to become collateral damage in this war.
    GeorgeV

Quote Originally Posted by afbyorb View Post
    I followed the above instructions:
    Firewall > Main > Advanced
    I don't get "Network Settings"
    I only get "Security" "General Settings"

I'm Sorry, It looks like The Network Settings tab is only available in the paid versions of ZoneAlarm.

Have You read the Originally Posted by gebmale Below he resolved this Issue for his computer.

if the above suggestion does not work for you then the next step I would take is to reset the database,
    Please note that this will remove your program permission settings, but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together.
    2) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner.
    3) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up.
    4) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box.
    5) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system.
    6) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 4th, 2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Read Originally Posted by gebmale
    GeorgeV

aanders Guest

The instructions do not work because there is no option under the firewall - main-advanced for network settings ! Maybe it has been accidentaly left out of this version. I've been using Zone for years and have never seen this msg before, it pops up every time you boot up or resume from standby.

Quote Originally Posted by aanders View Post
    The instructions do not work because there is no option under the firewall - main-advanced for network settings ! Maybe it has been accidentaly left out of this version. I've been using Zone for years and have never seen this msg before, it pops up every time you boot up or resume from standby.

I'm Sorry that you did not read the other post in this Thread..

I'm Sorry, It looks like The Network Settings tab is only available in the paid versions of ZoneAlarm.

Have You read the Originally Posted by gebmale Below he resolved this Issue for his computer.
    GeorgeV

afbyorb Guest

Hi George,
    Thanks, but it looks like I may have fixed the problem. I rebooted the machine into safe mode with network support. Once it booted into safe mode, I manually started ZA. Then I waited 5 minutes and rebooted again into normal mode. The new network found alert has not popped up since I rebooted. Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I'm happy it's working. Hopefully it's not a coincidence and this works for the other people with the same problem.
    Thanks, GEBMALE, for posting your solution. I tried it - booting in safe mode with network support and manually starting ZA. I think it's working. So far no new network found pop ups.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information