Thread: ZoneAlarm has found a new connection between your computer and the Internet.

CKrohn Guest

Default ZoneAlarm has found a new connection between your computer and the Internet.

I've seen many users with this problem on this and other forums, but they usually post their information badly and therefore get inadequate responses.

My problem is this: The notice pops up on every system startup. It detects 10.0.0.0 of type "Private Wireless Network." But 10.0.0.0 is already defined in my ZoneAlarm zones! Why does it keep thinking this is a "new connection"?

If I use this New Network Wizard to re-add this IP to the Trusted Zone or Internet Zone, the new entry will not show up in ZoneAlarm Zones. if I cancel out of the wizard then a popup will repeat this information. If I use the popup to re-add the IP, it still will not show a new entry in ZoneAlarm Zones.

How can I get the New Network Found Wizard to stop firing on startup?

Default Re: ZoneAlarm has found a new connection between your computer and the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CKrohn View Post
    I've seen many users with this problem on this and other forums, but they usually post their information badly and therefore get inadequate responses.

My problem is this: The notice pops up on every system startup. It detects 10.0.0.0 of type "Private Wireless Network." But 10.0.0.0 is already defined in my ZoneAlarm zones! Why does it keep thinking this is a "new connection"?

If I use this New Network Wizard to re-add this IP to the Trusted Zone or Internet Zone, the new entry will not show up in ZoneAlarm Zones. if I cancel out of the wizard then a popup will repeat this information. If I use the popup to re-add the IP, it still will not show a new entry in ZoneAlarm Zones.

How can I get the New Network Found Wizard to stop firing on startup?

Maybe this Forum Thread will help give you a few solutions..

Read all of the Post in this thread..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

tracsmi Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm has found a new connection between your computer and the Internet.

I have this problem too. It only started when I upgraded to ZoneAlarmFree version 92.057. It all worked fine until then. I've gone back to the previous verson to get rid of this annoying and useless popup. I'm hoping that the folks at Zone Alarm are aware of this and are doing something about it because now I'm getting a popup telling me to upgrade to the latest version, which is also annoying (although at least I only have to see this once every 60 days)!

CKrohn Guest

I think I've fixed the problem. I had manually entered my WiFi hub in ZoneAlarm as a "subnet". Here's how I fixed:
    Disabled my WiFi connection.

Removed all references to my WiFi from the ZoneAlarm Zones.

Disabled ZoneAlarm.

Rebooted, reestablished WiFi connection.

Turned on ZoneAlarm. It detected the WiFi connection and automatically made a Trusted Zone Entry of type "Network" (an Entry Type which is not available for manual setup).
    Seems to be working since then. If it fails again, I'll post a follow-up entry.

tracsmi Guest

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try myself.

tracsmi Guest

I tried your suggestion. The network wizard did not activate at first and I thought the problem had been solved, but the next time I started the computer it was back again. It seems that if ZoneAlarm starts before the network has had time to load, it causes the wizard to activate. If I don't allow Zone Alarm to start when I restart the computer but start it manually when the network is already active, the wizard does not appear. Obviously I don't want to stop ZoneAlarm running at startup because I don't want the network active without a firewall. How do I delay ZoneAlarm loading for a few seconds to give the network time to activate first?

Thread Information