Thread: Updated my ZA.

Niklasss Guest

Default Updated my ZA.

So I updated my ZA after it automatically reminded me about new versio. After update when I am trying to check "ZoneAlarm Control Center", it only looks like this:

So just asking is it a bug or should I reinstall it?

Thanks...

Default Re: Updated my ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasss View Post
    So I updated my ZA after it automatically reminded me about new versio. After update when I am trying to check "ZoneAlarm Control Center", it only looks like this:

So just asking is it a bug or should I reinstall it?

Thanks...

Nope that looks like a Bad or corrupted install of the New ZA Free Basic Firewall 9.2.057.000

B.) It looks like your Upgrade Install may Have been Corrupted durring Download or install proccess.
    The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.x and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

NOTE: If you need a Language than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

ZoneAlarm free updates

Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Prpducts in other Languages..

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 3rd, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Niklasss Guest

Thanks man, working like it should.

Your Welcome..

Thread Information