Thread: New 9.2.057 basic firewall won't install?

yodah03 Guest

Default New 9.2.057 basic firewall won't install?

I was just prompted to update to the new 9.2.057 basic firewall. I downloaded the .exe and attempted to install, but after giving the User Account Control the approval to continue the installer does not launch. The task manager shows that the cpu usage is up to 100%, so something seems to be stuck? I am using Vista Home Basic and would like to know why the new installer won't launch. I really do not want to go back to the MS firewall and so help would be greatly appreciated some help, thanks!

Default Re: New 9.2.057 basic firewall won't install?

Quote Originally Posted by yodah03 View Post
    I was just prompted to update to the new 9.2.057 basic firewall. I downloaded the .exe and attempted to install, but after giving the User Account Control the approval to continue the installer does not launch. The task manager shows that the cpu usage is up to 100%, so something seems to be stuck? I am using Vista Home Basic and would like to know why the new installer won't launch. I really do not want to go back to the MS firewall and so help would be greatly appreciated some help, thanks!

It looks like your Upgrade Install may Have been Corrupted durring Download or install proccess.

The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.2 and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

NOTE: If you need a Language other than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

ZoneAlarm free updates

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Save to desktop, right click and "run as administrator" This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)

5.) Now Install the new update (clean install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 3rd, 2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: update ZA Removal tool

Thread Information