Thread: Trusted Network/Sharing questions

mfrustrated Guest

Default Trusted Network/Sharing questions

I've been hesitating installing this update for a while now becasue of issues the last time I installed an update I also was pressed for time. I have learned since having ZA you usually need much time (as proven evidently) for quirks in the update such as this. I several questions related to this issue: 1st is since it's showing my own ip I obviously need to allow into trusted zone right? The problem I have with that is I don't want/allow "sharing". Why does the window showing the "new network found" have sharing icon next to the internet icon? 2nd is why are there always problems and issues related to ZA updates? Aren't these updates verified?

Default Re: Trusted Network/Sharing questions

Quote Originally Posted by mfrustrated View Post
    I've been hesitating installing this update for a while now becasue of issues the last time I installed an update I also was pressed for time. I have learned since having ZA you usually need much time (as proven evidently) for quirks in the update such as this. I several questions related to this issue: 1st is since it's showing my own ip I obviously need to allow into trusted zone right? The problem I have with that is I don't want/allow "sharing". Why does the window showing the "new network found" have sharing icon next to the internet icon? 2nd is why are there always problems and issues related to ZA updates? Aren't these updates verified?
    Yes accept the IP into the Trusted Zone..

The Forum Moderator has already POSTED a Solution to the "New Network found" for users of ZA Free..

PLEASE READ the Very First Topic at the top of the FREE Zone Alarm secition..

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=74657
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

mfrustrated Guest

Default Re: Trusted Network/Sharing questions

Yes I saw that solution posted. Are you aware that ironically, that solution differs from what the tech reps are suggesting? They are saying that the "setting files may have been corrupted in the installation process and they suggest choosing to reset the ZA client settings. Now I'm left to wonder which one is right.

Thread Information