Thread: To upgrade or not? --> Guru George

ananda Guest

Default To upgrade or not? --> Guru George

Hello, George

I sincerely hope I am allowed to ask the following.

Here is my present situation:

I'm running ZAISS 9.1.008.000 on two computers with Win XP SP3. They run fine. I upgraded both of them them to version 9.1.507.000, but put 9.1.008 back as 507 caused too many problems.

I upgraded ZAISS 9.1.008.000 to ZAISS 9.1.507.000 on my Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. As far as I know, it does what it is supposed to do.

My question:

So far I have not received a ZA invitation to update my present products (see above) to ZAISS 9.1.603.000.

Since you are one among those nice people to help people with problems, I take it you have already quite a bit of information to know whether it is advisable to install 603 on either XP or Win7.

So should I take the initiative to download and install ZAISS 9.1.603.000 on all three of my computers (upgrade or safe install?), or should I wait until I get an invitation? Or should I altogether wait until the next version?

Thanks in advance for your precious time,

Ananda

Default Re: To upgrade or not? --> Guru George

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    Hello, George

I sincerely hope I am allowed to ask the following.

My question:

So far I have not received a ZA invitation to update my present products (see above) to ZAISS 9.1.603.000.

Since you are one among those nice people to help people with problems, I take it you have already quite a bit of information to know whether it is advisable to install 603 on either XP or Win7.

So should I take the initiative to download and install ZAISS 9.1.603.000 on all three of my computers (upgrade or safe install?), or should I wait until I get an invitation? Or should I altogether wait until the next version?

Thanks in advance for your precious time,

Ananda
    1.) Your welcome to ask any question that you want that is related to install of or problem with Zone Alarm in this Forum..

2.) to wait or Not for the next release?

If you were using the FREE Basic Firewall version, I would Recommend Waiting for the Next Release.

But you have ZAISS 9.1.008 on your Win XP SP3, and ZAISS 9.1.507.000 on Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, if all three computers are running good for you now, you may wait until you get the Official ZA Upgrade notice..

However, if you can't wait, based on my Own experience with my 5 computers, I have experienced no problem with ZAISS 9.1.603.000 on my Win XP SP3 HP Intel Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz CPU with 2GB ram, or my eMachine ZAISS 9.1.603.000 AMD 2.70 CPU with 6GB DDR2 Ram, or my Vista Ultimate 32-bit HP Pavilion AMD Dual Core 2.7 Ghz with 4GB Ram w/2 400GB HDDS,

and I have not experienced any significant problem with ZA Extreme Security 9.1.603.000 on my Compaq Presario Win7 32-bit AMD 2.7 Ghz with 2.5GB ram, or my Gateway/Acer Win7 64-bit Quad Core 3.20 Ghz CPU with 8GB DDR3 Ram..

3.) Here is a Forum Link to the Notification of Updates option:

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=73584
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 17th, 2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Fix Typos
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information