Thread: IE slow loading and Definition files fail to update with ZL Pro Security Suite in lat

RobSan Guest

Default IE slow loading and Definition files fail to update with ZL Pro Security Suite in lat

Just upgraded to the latest version a couple days ago on two Intel based WinXP Pro SP3 systems and
    experience two problems on each machine. First, IE 8 loads slowly at times (15-20 seconds). I've seen
    this noted in the forums and read that a new version is to be released within a week to correct this
    problem. So unless you have a temporary work-around for this problem, I guess I'll just have to wait for
    its release. The second problem is that I get a message to upgrade every few hours. I assume the
    upgrade is for the anti-virus/anti-spyware definition files. When I perform the upgrade, it progresses to
    about 7% then goes down to 6% and then jumps to 100% with a download error. This takes about two
    minutes to perform and occurs on both systems. I've tried several times with the same result. Since I
    can't get the latest files, am I safe using this new problematic version while waiting for the fix or shoul I
    use my previous version (zaSuiteSetup_91_008_000_en.exe) which had no problems? Is there a
    work-around for this definition file problem? I've seen this mentioned on the forum today but with no useable
    response.
    Definition File Upgrade results:
    Update Progress
    Task finished 100%
    Anti-virus/anti-spyware:
    Error: download error
    System:Up to date
    Retry Close
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite Info:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite
    Overview Version Information
    Main ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 9.1.603.000
    Product Info TrueVector security engine version 9.1.603.000
    Preferences Driver version 9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware engine version 8.0.2.48
    DAT file version 1019369856
    Firewall AntiSpam version 6.0.0.2383
    License number: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    Product update service expires in 124 days.
    The copy of ZoneAlarm Security Suite was registered on 7/23/2010 1:45:35 PM

Also, spent way too much time on the ZL website trying to find a direct e-mail address to Tech Support. Live chat links are broken as well as several other links on the Tech Support page.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by fax; July 26th, 2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: license key

Default Re: IE slow loading and Definition files fail to update with ZL Pro Security Suite in

Hi!
    You find the latest version here

there are no broken support links. Everything works fine, just checked now. The fact that you can't access the official support is an indication that there is something wrong on your system. Check for example that your hosts file does not contain strings other than 127.0.0.0. You may be also be infected by malware.

You need to contact ZA support to have your issue logged and troubleshooted. We are all users here, no ZA staff. Link to ZA support in my signature.

Also you need to contact support since you have posted your ZA license key! This is a PUBLIC forum, anyone can read and use your key now!!! You need to replace it.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 26th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

RobSan Guest

Default Re: IE slow loading and Definition files fail to update with ZL Pro Security Suite in

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the license key issue. That's what happens when you do a screen grab and don't proof it carefully... Contacted support and had it changed. Great catch on the Hosts file. It had other entries that for some reason was blocking several links on the site. Never had that problem with other sites before. That was a result of using a program called Hostman. Followed your link to the latest version for ZL Internet Security Suite (9.3.014.000) and installed it with no problem. Why didn't I receive that version in the auto update that occured a couple days ago? And when I go to the link:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    it claims the latest version is what I received 9.1.603.000. Why the discrepancy? Not sure yet as I only tested opening IE 8 for about 20 times or so but so far it's loading without any delay. Need to use it more to confirm its fixed. I still can't update the definition files as before. Same result with a download error. Any other thoughts on what could be the issue with that particular problem? Thanks again.

New file info:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 9.3.014.000
    TrueVector security engine version 9.3.014.000
    Driver version 9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus/Anti-spyware engine version 8.0.2.48
    DAT file version 1022766432

Hi!
    yes, its normal. New releases are sent out (autoupdate) only if ZA is sure that the new version is working well. So it may take weeks or months before it is sent out to customers.

The latest update has been just uploaded to the ZA server. History pages in ZA website are still to be updated as well as main changes in latest version.

You should proceed to a complete cleaning of the system, checking for malware and removing other security tools. For rest please follow up with support directly.

Cheers,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 27th, 2010 at 02:54 AM.

Errors related to AV/AS downloads can be related to:

- Other security tools or left overs;
    - Internet connection - dropping signal or dropping packets
    - Malware infections (including compromised routers/modem)
    - Corruption of OS
    - Other tools conflicting at boot
    - Corruption of ZA settings

It can be related to hundreds of causes. The essential issue is to understand how before was working and now it is not anymore.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; July 27th, 2010 at 04:22 AM.

Thread Information