Thread: [SOLVED] Zonealarm Pro 9.1.6, free 9.2 - Conflict with nvidia graphic drivers

dougbrad82 Guest

Default [SOLVED] Zonealarm Pro 9.1.6, free 9.2 - Conflict with nvidia graphic drivers

Hi,
    I have the following problems with the 2 mentioned zonealarm software nvidia graphic drivers. both problems apply to zonealarm pro and free.

Using zonealarm and nvidia graphic driver 257.37, my computer was unable to enter standby. computer stayed on, but screen remain blank. have to restart to fix it. I uninstalled zonealarm and my computer was able to enter standby without problem.
    using the newest nvidia graphic driver 258.96, i have frequent BSOD's, the cause being vsdatant.sys uninstalled zonealarm, no more BSOD's.

I tried reinstalling the graphic card drivers using a clean install, both problem persists. I use a laptop on use nvidia mobile drivers. can anyone help me with this problem? i really like the zonealarm software and wish to use it. thanks!

Default Re: Zonealarm Pro 9.1.6, free 9.2 - Conflict with nvidia graphic drivers

Hi!
    always used nvidia drivers on all my systems since 2003 and never had any BSOD. Must be something else in combination with nvidia. Is it an ACER or TOSHIBA laptop?

ZA staff does not systematically monitor this board and does not troubleshoot issues over here. You need to contact them directly and report the conflict (link to technical support in my signature).

I however doubt they will be able to troubleshoot since, as already said, there is nothing wrong here with nvidia drivers. It may be an harware issue.

Have you already tried to boot your system selectively? To check for any conflicts of booting software or services?

.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor and ForceField (if present), and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computer

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

I have no other suggestion for you. Also try the latest version of ZAPRO that you find here

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dougbrad82 Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Pro 9.1.6, free 9.2 - Conflict with nvidia graphic drivers

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Hi!
    always used nvidia drivers on all my systems since 2003 and never had any BSOD. Must be something else in combination with nvidia. Is it an ACER or TOSHIBA laptop?

ZA staff does not systematically monitor this board and does not troubleshoot issues over here. You need to contact them directly and report the conflict (link to technical support in my signature).

I however doubt they will be able to troubleshoot since, as already said, there is nothing wrong here with nvidia drivers. It may be an harware issue.

Have you already tried to boot your system selectively? To check for any conflicts of booting software or services?

.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor and ForceField (if present), and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computer

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

I have no other suggestion for you. Also try the latest version of ZAPRO that you find here

Cheers,
    Fax
    thanks for your reply, zonealarm pro 9.3 doesnt have any problems so far! its an asus laptop. I'm pretty sure it was a conflict between the video drivers. I also uninstalled my other 2 security apps (avira 10 and prevx 3) and the problem remained. but pro 9.3 is running smooth.

Good... so issue resolved

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information