Thread: untivirus update error

hardingstudio Guest

Default untivirus update error

I was getting a message that antivirus definitions needed to be updated. When I tried manually, I got a download error. I did a clean install of security suite version 9.3.014.000 and the new definitions still will not download. I am running XP pro. Any suggestions?

Default Re: untivirus update error

Updating works perfectly fine here... I would suggest you contact ZA technical support to get the issue troubleshooted and logged, if necessary. The link to technical support is in my signature.

Post back if you get your issue resolved.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hardingstudio Guest

Fine but I can't get the tech page to load on either of my computers either with Firefox or IE.

Quote Originally Posted by hardingstudio View Post
    Fine but I can't get the tech page to load on either of my computers either with Firefox or IE.

In that case if you can not Access the Tech Support Link,
    That Site may be Bocked by an entry in your Windows "HOST" file
    If you find https://server.iad.liveperson.net listed, Remove this entry

The Only listing in my "HOST" file is the "Loopback Adapter Address 127.0.0.1,
    also access to the Tech Support Site may be blocked by Malware on your Computer..

Here is the Malware Clean-up Guidance <== Click here
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 29th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

I agree GeorgeV, the fact that you have these kind of issues means you have other problems on the system than ZA. Including overlapping security tools.

Better you solve this before looking into ZA.

steeeve Guest

FWIW, I had a similar experience after I upgraded. I was able to manually download 2 AV updates, then I got error message after error message. Tonight I edited my registration information (I had done this before). I switched from manual to auto updates and when the update started it finally recognized that I was registered and updated fine. I then switched back to manual updates, checked for updates and I got the everything is up to date message - not an error.

steeeve Guest

Default Re: Antivirus update error

I thought my updating problem was solved. It did not stay solved. I still have error messages when I try to update manually. After 4 days I tried again yesterday in automatic and it eventually updated successfully. Today I have gotten three errors so far. It started to download once and got to 35% or 40% before failing. The other two times it never started to download.

I have only the default entry in my hosts file.

Updating works sometimes and does not work at others. I did not have these problems in July. I am in my fourth year as a paying customer for the top of the line product. I revew early to avoid gaps in protection. I had Norton but removed that when I got ZoneAlarm. I am an engineer and I deal with cyber security issues on at least a weekly basis.

I have Windows XP that I updated within the last two weeks.

Default Re: Antivirus update error

Quote Originally Posted by steeeve View Post
    I thought my updating problem was solved. It did not stay solved. I still have error messages when I try to update manually. After 4 days I tried again yesterday in automatic and it eventually updated successfully. Today I have gotten three errors so far. It started to download once and got to 35% or 40% before failing. The other two times it never started to download.

I have only the default entry in my hosts file.

Updating works sometimes and does not work at others. I did not have these problems in July. I am in my fourth year as a paying customer for the top of the line product. I revew early to avoid gaps in protection. I had Norton but removed that when I got ZoneAlarm. I am an engineer and I deal with cyber security issues on at least a weekly basis.

I have Windows XP that I updated within the last two weeks.
    You can contact the Official ZA Tech Support Live Chat link (Free for Registered Users) 24/7

Click on the support link in my Signature.

Please post back here if you find a solution to your problem, so other users may benefit..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 8th, 2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

mercury00 Guest

I have windows 7 64bit and have been getting update errors at about 20%. I've already followed all the uninstall/clean/reinstall steps pointed out in other forum posts, but I still cannot get zonealarm to update it's antivirus. This is NOT the first time I've had this issue, though it's the first time I've had it on this computer. On my other computers, the problem was usually zonealarm corrupting itself with a download and not deleting the corrupted file (it would cache the corrupted download). This time it's stranger - it would get to 9% before then fail, but after clean-installing it gets to 20% then fails, every time.
    ~Snip~
    And I've tried this:
    http://www.zonealarm.com.au/main/kb_...asp?KBID=11433
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 10th, 2010 at 05:01 AM.

As suggested, you need to contact ZA technical support and explain the problem. If you already done so, please keep informing support about it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information