Thread: Reinstalling WinXP - effect on ZA license?

pokeefe Guest

Default Reinstalling WinXP - effect on ZA license?

I have a 3-user license of ZA Security Suite and have it installed on 3 PCs. One of those PC's copy of WinXP has become corrupted and unusable so I need to reinstall WinXP. Are there any ZA licensing issues I need to be aware of? I can't do a ZA uninstall before reinstalling Windows.

Pat

Default Re: Reinstalling WinXP - effect on ZA license?

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    I have a 3-user license of ZA Security Suite and have it installed on 3 PCs. One of those PC's copy of WinXP has become corrupted and unusable so I need to reinstall WinXP. Are there any ZA licensing issues I need to be aware of? I can't do a ZA uninstall before reinstalling Windows.

Pat
    I see no ZaSS License problem with Reinstalling ZASS after Reinstalling WinXP and Updating WinXP to SP3 and all followup Microsoft Update after SP3.. Then do a Clean Install of ZASS 9.3.014.000

There should be no License Problem as long as it has not Expired before the WinXP Redo..

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite updates

Install the new ZASS update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information