Thread: Newest ZASS version problem

luvmaui Guest

Default Newest ZASS version problem

I got a message to update my ZASS running on Windows XP. After installation, the Z icon on the taskbar shows a continual update -- has been "running" for hours. When I access the internet (IE8) it is so slow that it takes many minutes to go from one screen to another. Several times now, I've had to shut down with Task Manager. Get the "program is not responding" message.

All of this started after I installed the ZASS update. No problems prior. What's going on?

I have Windows XP, SP 3 running on my desktop. I also have ZASS installed on a laptop running Windows 7. I've gotten the message to update that one but am afraid to do so.

PJ

Default Re: Newest ZASS version problem

Quote Originally Posted by luvmaui View Post
    I got a message to update my ZASS running on Windows XP. After installation, the Z icon on the taskbar shows a continual update -- has been "running" for hours. When I access the internet (IE8) it is so slow that it takes many minutes to go from one screen to another. Several times now, I've had to shut down with Task Manager. Get the "program is not responding" message.

All of this started after I installed the ZASS update. No problems prior. What's going on?

I have Windows XP, SP 3 running on my desktop. I also have ZASS installed on a laptop running Windows 7. I've gotten the message to update that one but am afraid to do so.

PJ
    This sounds like a Bad or corrupted Install of ZASS 9.3.014.000

It looks like your Upgrade Install may Have been Corrupted durring Download or install proccess.
    The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.x and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

NOTE: If you need a Language other than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite updates

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , click Control Panel/Uninstal a program option and uninstall ZASS.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information