Thread: Conflicting program

alaskaferret Guest

Default Conflicting program

I have something called forefront client security
    running on my computer and zonealarm doesn't want to run its antivirus because it says there can be conflicts. I'm running win 7, I don't know what it is or how to shut it off, and I can't find it to uninstall but I don't need it on my computer, if anyone knows what it is and how to get rid of it I would appreciate the help, I've had win 7 for less then a month, so I'm still learning it, but I have no idea what this is, just want it gone.

Default Re: Conflicting program

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaferret View Post
    running on my computer and zonealarm doesn't want to run its antivirus because it says there can be conflicts. I'm running win 7, I don't know what it is or how to shut it off, and I can't find it to uninstall but I don't need it on my computer, if anyone knows what it is and how to get rid of it I would appreciate the help, I've had win 7 for less then a month, so I'm still learning it, but I have no idea what this is, just want it gone.
    Most New Computer come with Pre-Installed 3rd party trial Security programs.. that will conflict with Zone alarm..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaferret View Post
    http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/c...s/default.aspx

You will need to ask MS on how to remove it. This software is usually installed on enterprise managed PCs. Are you in an enterprise? Then please ask the IT support.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

alaskaferret Guest

Okay I know that, first thing I do is go to program and uninstall everything I don't want or not going to use, but this thing isn't there, so I can't uninstall it. There has to be a way to get to it. Thanks. I'll keep working on this.

alaskaferret Guest

Oh this is a ms software? No wonder I can't find it, but no I'm not enterprise system that I know of. This computer was just put together and win 7 was installed. I wasn't having problems until yesterday after the za upgrade, till then I didn't know. Okay will check with ms and see what it says. Thanks.

alaskaferret Guest

I think I got it, hopefully! There is also something in there called silverlight, no idea what it does, but if its not an antivirus I might leave it there for a while. Thank you!

SIlverlight is OK. Its the MS answer to adobe flasplayer. Some website requires it to display correctly.

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverli...l/Default.aspx

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

alaskaferret Guest

Default Ooops..

I came in here yesterday asking about Forefront security software and removing it. Apparently what I removed was the security thing Microsoft installs on all its computers to serve until you find your own. But when Zone alarm was saying there could be a conflict, it stated that it was Forefront client software, not Microsoft security. So I came in to ask what it was, where it was and how to get rid of it thinking it was just software, and it was, but Zone alarm misidentified it.

Anyway I guess I raised a few red flags, not my fault but wanted to clear that up anyway. Maybe something could be done with Zone alarm that it doesn't make those kinds mistakes.

Thread Information