Using XP SP3 and IE6/OE.
I have used ZA free for many years.
Two days ago, out of the blue, any Web page I tried to access merely gave me Cannot find server or DNS Error also e-mail stopped working as well....totally no Net access.
Tried dozens of fixes and none worked. I did all THE "PINGING" **** and all that worked fine with ZA running. I flushed caches, etc. Ran LSPfix and WinsockxpFix. Ran sfc/scannow. Reinstalled IE6 from SP3. One site said to turn off or uninstall any firewall. Turning it off didn't work but unistalling it did. After I uninstalled ZA I then immediately regained access. I was shocked.
I DL'd and installed the latest ZA and the same thing happened. Absolutely could not get out.
Thinking there was a conflict with AVAST, I uninstalled that program, uninstalled ZA, rebooted, reinstalled the latest ZA. Still no joy. ZA would not allow me access even with no anti-virus running whatsoever.
I tried several other firewalls and they work fine except they suck!!! I want my ZA back and I need help!
This whole thing is weird because I have had ZA probably since W98SE. Avast and ZA never had a problem co-existing for many years (if that was the original culprit).
I'd welcome any/all suggestions or insight as to what to do to keep ZA and also access the Net and e-mail.