Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IswTmp

paulinem Guest

Default IswTmp

Since downloading new version ZAP v.9.1.507.000 I have a temp file IswTmp file which is building up and (I think) slowing down my computer.
    We have MSW XP, Home Ed., Ver 2002, SP3.
    Does anyone have suggestions?

Default Re: IswTmp

Hi!

yes, its normal and by design. Its part of forcefield component. However, I really don't know how can it slow down the system.

Try a clean installation of the latest version to see if it makes any difference. If not, contact directly the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

paulinem Guest

Smile Re: IswTmp

Thanks for your response, Fax. That was just speculation on my part, since my husband has complained he thinks our computer is connecting slower, etc.... what does he know?
    Just kidding, OF COURSE!
    Seriously, though, this file curently consumes 1.01 MB and growing. There should be some sort of cache cleaner, maybe? If no one replies, I'll might contact Tech. Support. Thanks again.

Hi!
    1MB is really very little (I have 27MB), since I am not using ZAPRO I am not sure if and where there is an option to clean the folder. It should in any case not growth much given the little features available for forcefield (ZA toolbar) in ZAPRO as compared to other ZA products (e.g. ZA Extreme).

You may want to consult ZA about it. In principle it should not cause any issue to your system and generally should not be a very active directory anyway (just temp files).

Cheers,
    Fax

tasman Guest

paulinem, you can delete iswtmp folder by opening up the folder and open up the log folder and delete all the log files then delete the log folder then delete the iswtmp floder. The only thing is it will show up again , but you will just have to delete it when it get big again. I just upgraded to 9.3 and it is in that version also.

hope this helps
    Tasman

It may work on ZAPRO (I don't know since I don't use ZAPRO) but I strongly recommend not to do this on other versions of ZA like ZA Extreme, it can corrupt the forcefield virtual data and cause problems in web page loading.

Cheers,
    Fax

paulinem Guest

Tasman and Fax: I really do appreciate your interaction.

Tasman, on my previous version of ZAPRO, it was gobbling up my resources and I went to ZA icon tray (Ctl-Shft) and turned off the "debug level". Don't know if it was the thing to do; it may have restricted some security. In this newer version, I don't see that option.

By shutting down our computer the resources will come back up. I don't know why ZA wouldn't have some simple way of cleaning out these folders for those who like to keep their computer on. I have three or four IswTmp folders (probably some old ones).

Fax, your warning is well taken! I'm not that knowledgeable to undo some inadvertant changes. It is deja vu; since I had the old problem of resource gobbling with ZAP.

Considering we are all users here, the safest otion is to contact the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature. Report the problem in detail and ask for their advise and support. Its free for registered users.

Thanks,
    Fax

Btw, for your information, the control on logs (Ctrl-shift) has no effect on that folder. It just remove the logging contained in C\windows\Internet Logs\. This issue was fixed a couple of versions ago.

paulinem Guest

I contacted tech support and she said I could delete my log files (tvDebug, vsmon, Za log, etc.) so long as they were in the temp folder. I have over 500 ZA log files alone (been using ZA for long time).

Also, for whatever it's worth, I do have my ZAP debug set to off. (control+shift+ZA icon)

Thanks again for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information