Thread: virtualization

Hybrid View

cbf1920 Guest

Default virtualization

I have activated virtulization but not sure what it doing. Is it working like Force Field? How do I know its working as I dont see any notices or changes to web pages.

Default Re: virtualization

Hi!
    go to ZA browser security --> settings --> advanced --> Check on "virtualization" (off by default).

Your web browser will be protected by ZA browser security if you see a glow around your web page and you see the toolbar in the upper part of the browser page. It supports Internet Explorer and Firefox only.

Virtualization may be tricky for novice users. Please see the link below to solve common problems:
    README FIRST: ForceField Toolbar - Common Resolutions to Problems
    **Remember: to avoid problems install web browser add-ons always do it with ZA browser security turned off. Otherwise they will install in the virtual space and likely to corrupt or dye when you clean the virtual data.

Please note that ZA sandbox protects only your web browsing from hidden downloads, phishing, key and screen logging. If you voluntarily download and execute files these will install on the real system. You need to be careful what you download and what you execute. See here:
    xyz was not detected. What I should do?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: virtualization in ForceField, halo

I have activated virtulization but not sure what it doing. Is it working like Force Field? How do I know its working as I dont see any notices or changes to web pages.

ForceField works behind the scenes; you shouldn't see any changes/ differences except for the 'halo' around the perimeter of each protected web page and the ForceField toolbar or icons. An indication of ForceField protecting a web page...

...ok, open a single web page - now reduce the size of the page so that it covers only half of your video screen. On the open side(not bordering the edge of your video screen - you will see a "brushed white edge around your web page -a translucent white edge 1/16 of an inch surrounding the edge" (not visible when window is maximized to full screen)= halo.

This is some basic info on "how" ForceField works -Click here and read > http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fo...tml/wwhelp.htm

Click here > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...r-security.htm

Click here > http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...r-security.htm <> this is stand-alone ForceField but applies to ZA Extreme too.

The Forcefield in ZA Extreme is similar to a stand-alone ForceField; in ZA Extreme 'Forcefield' is integrated within.

Browse and read thru the 'ForceField' board.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Personal notes

How ForceField can increase protection: one of the most common malware circulating around the net is the 'rogue/ scareware= fake anti-virus/ scam' with ForceField you can simply 'clear virtual data' and your real pc was not infected. (I've encountered these on my own pc - and ForceField did protect me, no more pop-ups or troubles)
    Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthrea...862#post281862
    __________________________________________________ ___
    NaiveMelody NYC - 8-13-10 - Walkin' On The Sun - Smash Mouth
    Last edited by naivemelody; August 13th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.

Thread Information