Thread: Going to Win7 from XP

franks42 Guest

Default Going to Win7 from XP

Currently have licensed ZoneAlarm on Win XP SP3, getting new Win 7 64 bit computer that I want to transfer Zone Alarm, but I wish to keep it running on the old Win XP until I am sure the Win 7 is OK.
    From on line Help/ Updating and Upgrading your product/Moving to a different computer it advises per the licensing agreement, completely remove from existing machine or if you have muti-user license download trial version and enter license number.
    How do I find my License agreement?.

Default Re: Going to Win7 from XP

[QUOTE=franks42;282690]

1.) Currently have licensed ZoneAlarm on Win XP SP3, getting new Win 7 64 bit computer that I want to transfer Zone Alarm, but I wish to keep it running on the old Win XP until I am sure the Win 7 is OK.

2.) From on line Help/ Updating and Upgrading your product/Moving to a different computer it advises per the licensing agreement, completely remove from existing machine or if you have muti-user license download trial version and enter license number.

3.) How do I find my License agreement?.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) In this case, you can Download a 30 day trial verson of the ZA 9.3.014
    onto the Windows 7 computer, Please make sure that you Remove and 3rd party security like McAfee or Symantec/Norton that comes pre-installede on most New Windows 7 computers, Before Installing Zone Alarm, as they may Block or Conflict with Zone Alarm..

Install Zone Alarm with Default Settings and use the same Network Zone that your WinXP computer is connecting to the Internet with..( this is Usually the TRUSTED ZONE)

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view <== Click Here

Once you are Satisfied that Zone Alarm is running OK on Windows 7 Computer, then you have several options..

A.) if the ZA Type ( ZAAV/ZAPro/ZAS Suite/ZA Extreme ) is the sam as on the Windowws XP, then you can use the License Key from ZA on XP,

and if this is a Single Use License, the You must Remove the paid version Of ZA from the Win XP computer as the Help file advised..

B.) if you have a Single User License, you may Purchase a New seperate License for the Windows 7 computer.

You may contact ZA Customer Support Live Text Chat by clicking the Support link in my Signature online 24/7 and ask them, they may also be able to tell you about your current status of your Win XP license and if it is only a Single user License..

2.) answered in 1.) above..

3.) two options here to find my License agreement:

a.) contact Customer Support Live Chat.

b.) go to www.zoneAlarm.com on the uper right side of the page click on "MyAccount" button the on the new page on the right side enter the same Email address that you user to register your ZA on WinXP
    follow directions and Your Registration Account should tell you info about your ZA Registrations..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 22nd, 2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

franks42 Guest

Thanks for reply, especially tip about McAfee/Norton. Should have looked more closely at the copy of my order. At bottom it states "Product ZoneAlarm Pro 1 PC-1 Year". FrankS

Your Welcome
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information