Thread: Update file that tells me is corrupted when I run it

ineedhelp2 Guest

Default Update file that tells me is corrupted when I run it

I am being prompted for an update file (zaAvSetup_93_014_000_en.exe) but when I run it, I get a corruption error. I wonder if it's a malicious code, or if your file is indeed corrupted.

I've purchased ZoneAlarm Anti-virus ver 9.1.008.000 and for the past month, I get an automatic notice to update, which takes me to this page:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...nk&cid=C100006
    When I select 'download', I get an "installation file is corrupted" error message which aborted the installation.

Can you please confirm if I do need this update file and what to do about my corruption issue?

Default Re: Update file that tells me is corrupted when I run it

Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelp2 View Post
    I am being prompted for an update file (zaAvSetup_93_014_000_en.exe) but when I run it, I get a corruption error. I wonder if it's a malicious code, or if your file is indeed corrupted.

I've purchased ZoneAlarm Anti-virus ver 9.1.008.000 and for the past month, I get an automatic notice to update, which takes me to this page:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...nk&cid=C100006
    When I select 'download', I get an "installation file is corrupted" error message which aborted the installation.

Can you please confirm if I do need this update file and what to do about my corruption issue?

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.

B.) It looks like yourZA AV 9.3 Upgrade Install may Have been Corrupted durring Download or install proccess.

The Best Fix for this problem is to Uninstall the Corrupte Version.. and download a fresh copy of ZA 9.3 and do a Clean re-install.

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

NOTE: If you need a Language other than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

ZoneAlarm Antivirus updates <== Click Here

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ineedhelp2 Guest

I have no other anti-virus programs.

I did everything you said and when I was running step #5, I ran into this error message:
    "The digital signature of this installer cannot be validated. Please try to download and run the installer again."

I was running zaAvSetup_93_014_000_en when I got that error message.

I currently have no anti-virus installed in my computer. What can I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelp2 View Post
    I have no other anti-virus programs.

I did everything you said and when I was running step #5, I ran into this error message:
    "The digital signature of this installer cannot be validated. Please try to download and run the installer again."

I was running zaAvSetup_93_014_000_en when I got that error message.

I currently have no anti-virus installed in my computer. What can I do now?

Thank you for your Feedback to this User Forum..

Please Click on the ZA Tech Support Live text Chat Link in my Signature..

When Contacting Tech Support could you post possibly a little more information about your computer configuration and what the steps you took to reproduce the ZAAV 9.3 install problem?

Also;
    ZA AV version
    PC CPU speed
    PC memory Size
    Windows OS version including Service packs update
    is this a Laptop or Desktop computer and Brand name?

Good Luck,

Please post back here with your Solution?
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information