Thread: Problem with recent Update

neutronproton Guest

Default Problem with recent Update

I installed the new Zone Alarm update last week and just like last time I had to uninstall and go back to the previous version.

The Browser toolbar did not work well with Firefox so I uninstalled that as I did last time. I can live without the Browser toolbar but it is still causing crackling on audio when I play avi files on my computer.

That I canít live with.

Same thing happened the last time they tried to update the program but fortunately the previous version works flawlessly and does not create these problems. Why a Security Suite would cause crackling and break up of audio on Video files is a mystery to me but it does it anyway.

I am using Xp and will provide all my hardware if anyone wants it but it seemed kind of pointless since the last update did the same thing.

Default Re: Problem with recent Update

Quote Originally Posted by neutronproton View Post
    I installed the new Zone Alarm update last week and just like last time I had to uninstall and go back to the previous version.

The Browser toolbar did not work well with Firefox so I uninstalled that as I did last time. I can live without the Browser toolbar but it is still causing crackling on audio when I play avi files on my computer.

That I canít live with.

Same thing happened the last time they tried to update the program but fortunately the previous version works flawlessly and does not create these problems. Why a Security Suite would cause crackling and break up of audio on Video files is a mystery to me but it does it anyway.

I am using Xp and will provide all my hardware if anyone wants it but it seemed kind of pointless since the last update did the same thing.

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with ZoneAlarm and need to be guided in the right direction..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

======================

can you post possibly a little more information about the Computer configuration and what the steps you take to reproduce the problem?

also;

What ZA Suite version your having a problem with
    PC CPU speed
    PC memory size
    Windows OS version including Service packs upsates
    Desktop or Laptop and Brand name of Computer
    Version of software audio when I play avi that your having issues with.
    Exactly what is done to reproduce the issue in the application.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information