Thread: Upgrade Problem

fosgate Guest

Default Upgrade Problem

I have Zone Alarm Extreme Security and have a problem when trying to update. I let it do the check for update and it brings up that there is an update available and asks if I would like to update. I selecty "update now" and it brings up the web page where I have 2 options below. When I select Download free update i just get web page not found in both Cometbird (firefox) and Internet Explorer (I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 17' Laptop. Anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to get around it?

1. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 Download Free Update Now This update delivers:

And

2. NEW ZoneAlarm DataLock
    Buy Now for only $14.95

Default Re: Upgrade Problem

Quote Originally Posted by fosgate View Post
    I have Zone Alarm Extreme Security and have a problem when trying to update. I let it do the check for update and it brings up that there is an update available and asks if I would like to update. I selecty "update now" and it brings up the web page where I have 2 options below. When I select Download free update i just get web page not found in both Cometbird (firefox) and Internet Explorer (I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 17' Laptop. Anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to get around it?

1. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 Download Free Update Now This update delivers:

And

2. NEW ZoneAlarm DataLock
    Buy Now for only $14.95
    I just clicked on the 1. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2010 Download Free Update Now This update delivers:

with Windows 7 64-bit using IE8 and it Downloaded OK for me..

Here is a different Download link you can try..

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

Click Below:

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security updates

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE:

Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZA Extreme do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 29th, 2010 at 05:46 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information