Thread: zone alarm and spyware doctor

atinalee Guest

Default zone alarm and spyware doctor

I have a paid version of spyware doctor and they just had a new version. It told me zone alarm was conflicting and remove it which I didnt. I just wanted spyware doctor not their antivirus. Then zone alarm kept telling me one of the program files was a virus and put it in quarantine. I put it in the exceptions but zone alarm just keeps doing that. Then my computer screen went blue so I uninstalled spyware doctor. Is there a way I can use zone alarm and spyware doctor. I dont use spyware doctor in real time just in case I have a trojan. Or what other program would you recommend?

I am a bit upset since I paid for spyware doctor. I have written to them also. Just would like to know what you think I should do? Thanks

Anita

Default Re: zone alarm and spyware doctor

Quote Originally Posted by atinalee View Post
    I have a paid version of spyware doctor and they just had a new version. It told me zone alarm was conflicting and remove it which I didnt. I just wanted spyware doctor not their antivirus. Then zone alarm kept telling me one of the program files was a virus and put it in quarantine. I put it in the exceptions but zone alarm just keeps doing that. Then my computer screen went blue so I uninstalled spyware doctor. Is there a way I can use zone alarm and spyware doctor. I dont use spyware doctor in real time just in case I have a trojan. Or what other program would you recommend?

I am a bit upset since I paid for spyware doctor. I have written to them also. Just would like to know what you think I should do? Thanks

Anita
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- , it is always advisable to list your:Windows OS (XP SP 2-3 / Vista SP1-2 / Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit),

List your ZoneAlarm product Type (Free,Pro,AV, Suite,Extreme) and also the ZA version number (7.0,8.0,9.0,9.1,9.2,9.3),

List the Brand of Computer and CPU, also is it a DeskTop or Laptop computer.

Please List any other Security Programs installed as these programs may be conflicting with Zone Alarm.

*** NOTICE:

Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

atinalee Guest

Thanks. I am sorry I did not give that information. The computer I was having a problem on is vista sp1 but also have windows xp serv pack 3 and windows 7 64 bit. I use zone alarm internet security suite the latest version. I decided to uninstall spyware doctor since in reading up on it found out it has some antivirus attached to it now and it use to just be spyware and trojans. What is a good program besides zone alarm that I might have that wont be a conflict? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atinalee View Post
    Thanks. I am sorry I did not give that information. The computer I was having a problem on is vista sp1 but also have windows xp serv pack 3 and windows 7 64 bit. I use zone alarm internet security suite the latest version. I decided to uninstall spyware doctor since in reading up on it found out it has some antivirus attached to it now and it use to just be spyware and trojans. What is a good program besides zone alarm that I might have that wont be a conflict? Thanks
    Running Multiple Security Programs that may Conflict with or Compete for System Resouces, you end up with Less Protection and a Slower Computer..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available,
    --------------------------------------------------------

ZA Suite 9.3.014 will provide all the protection you need, unless your Upgrade to Zone Alarm Extreme Security that Addes Full feature Forcefield with Virtualization..

However the Free anti-Spyware "MalwareBytes" will not conflict with ZA Suite..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

atinalee Guest

thanks for this information. I will use malware bytes. I did use that at one time and kept getting so many false positives. I can give that a try again I guess.

Anita

Thread Information