Driver version:9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:1025706880
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.2383
    ZoneAlarm Browser Security 1.5.152.10
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Scanner 1.5.53.204
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.104.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Spyware Sites Database 04.125

on a Dell Studio 140g-Desktop with Intel Pent 2-core, RAM 3 GB, Win 7 Home Premium, Hard Drive 320 GB and my Alerts and Logs entries disappear each and every time I reboot my computer. I have "reset" to no avail and have uninstalled via cpes_clean removal tool after unticking "Load Zone Alarm Extreme on Startup...and downloaded/installed a brand new copy of the latest ZASP from IE8.
    Even update entries disappear but then get added from the next update but the OS Firewall entries, Programs, and Firewall entries stay empty....unless I add a new program manually.
    I've also run AppRemover to make sure no remnants of pre-installed security is still hiding and nothing there. Also, have run MBAM in Safe Mode "full scan" and nothing there.
    I have contacted Tech support chat and was told that ccleaner, and possibly AppRemover may be removing these log entries. However after uninstalling completely ccleaner and AppRemover this disappearing of the log entries still occurs. A second opinion from a second tech support chat says that these Alert & Log entries are not really important.
    However, a third tech support chat person says that devel is working on a "fix" since he has seen several other users with the same issue on this latest release.
    So which is it? Is it a "known issue"......is it no big deal.....or is there another fix for this even though I have done a search in these Forums and I have not found others with this issue after each and every reboot.
    Any ideas, suggestions, solutions?

Default Re: Alerts & Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1769 View Post
    So which is it?
    Sorry ZA staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here. The best information may only come from support. Keep contacting them and explain your findings and multiple answers. No use to post here.

If you need to check your logs just go to C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ folder and you will have the full history of the alerts by date (unless you use ccleaner and you will not find those files since they are deleted on default ccleaner installations).

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Ray1769 Guest

I will contact support again but I am curious as to why you Gurus suggest using ccleaner if in fact it does eliminate logging of Zone Alarm?

And I did look at your suggestion at C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ and those logs were there until I rebooted .........not because I ran ccleaner...just saying.
    But thanks anyway, I will try support again.

I will contact support again but I am curious as to why you Gurus suggest using ccleaner if in fact it does eliminate logging of Zone Alarm?

And I did look at your suggestion at C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ and those logs were there until I rebooted .........not because I ran ccleaner...just saying.
    But thanks anyway, I will try support again.
    I use and Recomend CCleaner because,

CCleaner v2.35.1223 is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

the simple fix is change one setting on Ccleaner Applications, setting un-check ZoneAlarm Logs option, and in ccleaner Options/Settings make sure you did not check mark "run Ccleaner at windows Startup.."
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 3rd, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

And I did look at your suggestion at C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ and those logs were there until I rebooted .........
    Then there is something wrong on your ZA settings/OS or in other applications removing files (e.g. imaging software). Logs are not removed from that folder but stored by date, like "ZALog2010.07.30.txt".

Cheers,
    Fax

Ray1769 Guest

Just as an update, I have uninstalled ccleaner, and a couple of other third party software, and rebooting does NOT remove those loggings in Alerts and Logs now. Not sure if the ccleaner is the one and only culprit. It takes awhile to verify but I must add that this latest release of ZASP (9.3.014.000) is the only version/revision that has been affected in the Alerts & Logs feature.
    But thank you for your input.
    -Ray

You're welcome.

I am closing this thread since the issue has been addressed. If you need to post more information or new insight that might help other users please PM me and will be happily re-open it for you.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information