Thread: Zone Alarm and Trend Micro

hillneerg Guest

Default Zone Alarm and Trend Micro

I have Trend Micro Internet Security installed on my PC (and I wish to keep it) but want to use zone alarm (free version) as my Firewall.
    I have uninstalled the firewall from Trend micro and attempted to install Zonealarm but it's telling me that it has detected TM on my system and I need to uninstall it first.
    Can I remove TM, install ZA and then reinstall TM or are the two no longer compatible?
    I will have to search a little for my TM registration though as I'm not at all sure where it is now so I want to make certain that the two can run together otherwise I'm looking at buying a new virus scanner which I can't really afford at the moment.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Zone Alarm and Trend Micro

Sorry, first time I hear this posted here. You could try unless TM will also compliant about ZA.

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

hillneerg Guest

Question Re: Zone Alarm and Trend Micro

This is the full message that pops up:

"ZoneAlrm has detected that you have Trend Micro Internet Security installed. There are compatibility issues between ZoneAlarm and this product. ZoneAlarm cannot be installed until you uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security.
    Please remove it and start your ZoneAlarm installation again".

There's an added link to the page
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ving_conflicts.

It's odd as I have used Trend Micro and Zone Alarm together a few years back on a previous PC running WinMe and they worked fine together.
    Shame, I liked ZoneAlarm, just never got around to putting it on the XP machine until now.
    Maybe it's my (older) version of Internet Security that's the problem but it must have been a recognised problem for ZoneAlarm to have a page devoted to it. Unfortunately, not enough information there.
    Can't really sacrifice my antivirus for a new firewall (there is one included in Trend Micro but I have it disabled).
    It says the same for Norton and McAfee (also BitDefender) products too.
    Very strange but I suppose it's a way to "persuade" people to buy the full suite from Zonealarm - all or nothing.

Default Re: Zone Alarm and Trend Micro

Sorry to hear your problems. Probably all boils down to install antivirus only solutions rather than suites. If you can't do that then time to find another free firewall or using the firewall of the suites that should have nothing wrong.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information