Thread: Forcefiled alert for youtube

Snarkley Guest

Default Forcefiled alert for youtube

When I went to a video on youtube.com tonight (one that I have viewed many times over the last 2-3 years), FF gave a yellow alert for "www.youtube.com" and said to use caution when downloading, etc. and that the warning was based on the age of the website (registered 2/15/05) and the strength of its security certificate and that it's listed on some spamblocker listings. After browsing to other sites for a while, I went back to the same youtube site and no longer got the warning. What do you think happened?
    Last edited by Snarkley; September 6th, 2010 at 11:42 PM.

Default Re: Forcefiled alert for youtube

Try reading the following Tip at the top of the "Helpful Hints ans Links" section..

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=74853
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Snarkley Guest

Thanks for the link. I'm familiar with how the warning works. This site registration youtube.com is 5 years old. My main question was why it didn't give the yellow alert a few minutes later. i.e., it alerted when I viewed the site yesterday (although I have viewed it almost daily for months). After surfing for a few minutes, I returned to the site, and it no longer alerted. That is what I found bizarre--that Forcefield had somehow changed its mind in a few minutes. Likewise today, the site gives no yellow alert. I was curious if anyone had seen that before. I would think that if a site is suspicious, it would be reproducible.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkley View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm familiar with how the warning works. This site registration youtube.com is 5 years old. My main question was why it didn't give the yellow alert a few minutes later. i.e., it alerted when I viewed the site yesterday (although I have viewed it almost daily for months). After surfing for a few minutes, I returned to the site, and it no longer alerted. That is what I found bizarre--that Forcefield had somehow changed its mind in a few minutes. Likewise today, the site gives no yellow alert. I was curious if anyone had seen that before. I would think that if a site is suspicious, it would be reproducible.

Please report directly to the official ZA Technical support at the link in my signature. They are the only one able to troubleshoot and/or log your issue properly. We are all User here in this ZA User Forum..

Explain the issue to Tech Support, Give them the details of the problem and how to replicate the problem so that they can Test for it on their Test Computers...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information