Thread: ZoneAlarm Uninstall: vsdatant

delatoy Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Uninstall: vsdatant

hi!

a while ago i have zonealarm firewall installed to try it out (don't know anymore which exact version). at this time i did a standard uninstallation and everything was fine (-> all dirs and files cleared/removed).

now i did some spyware/registry check runs with different tools. most of them found nothing, but some of them listed an old/empty service entry:
    vsdatant

---

~~snip~~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 3rd, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: offtopic comment

delatoy Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Uninstall: vsdatant

does anyone know the dependencies of vsdatant or some hidden registry entries related to vsdatant or maybe some dll or other files which can be the reason for the automatic vsdatant service re-registering?

thx for any hint...

Hi!
    if you don't get a response here from other users (as it seems the case) you should try to contact the official support at the link in my signature.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I don't know why the registry entry keeps coming back (never experienced that problem), but the start= dword:00000004 means it is disabled anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jrosenfeld View Post
    I don't know why the registry entry keeps coming back (never experienced that problem), but the start= dword:00000004 means it is disabled anyway.

If you have a valid ZA License key, Please Contact ZA Tech Support (Live Chat) directly
    with Details of your Computer configuration, Version of Windows, Type and Version of Zone Alarm..

and what the steps you took to reproduce the problem with vsdatant?

Click on the Live Chat Link in my signature?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 12th, 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

effient Guest

Check Post#5 on: http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=75510
    Additionally, you can use something like Hiren CD, UltimateBootCD 5 or other WinPE-based livecd distros to access unmounted hard drive, USB or external drives.
    Once you run from livecd, you can use windows explorer to delete any other the files on the HD (with some exceptions), or programs such as Unlocker. You can then use program such as Registry Editor PE to manually clean registry entries. However, you need complete understanding of registry structure and how Registry Editor PE works (as a remote registry).

Using Unlocker you need to delete VSDATNT.SYS and other remanants that ZA remover will not clean,e specially form registry.

[QUOTE=delatoy;283172]hi!

a while ago i have zonealarm firewall installed to try it out (don't know anymore which exact version). at this time i did a standard uninstallation and everything was fine (-> all dirs and files cleared/removed).

now i did some spyware/registry check runs with different tools. most of them found nothing, but some of them listed an old/empty service entry:
    vsdatant

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\vsdatant]
    "DisplayName"="vsdatant"
    "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
    "ImagePath"=""
    "Start"=dword:00000004
    "Type"=dword:00000001

it exists also in HKLM\...\CurrentControlSet001\... and HKLM\...\CurrentControlSet003\...

i did not find any other keys related to vsdatant (registry search).

-> how can i rid of this?

thx for help!

delatoy Guest

Default [SOLVED] ZoneAlarm Uninstall: vsdatant

Hi!

I did some more investigations by having done some new/fresh installations... so I have found the reason for that finally:

I just want to let you know here that the (disabled) service vsdatant is always been created by "Sygate Personal Firewall"!
    ...don't know why and for what reason and i just wonder why some other company has used that service from Zone Alarm / Check Point Software, but this mysterium is now solved!

thank you
    Last edited by fax; January 19th, 2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: merging + editing

Thread Information