Thread: ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Security Suite from Comcast conflict

captna Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Security Suite from Comcast conflict

I have used ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm Pro since 1998 and now I have let my subscription expire but am using the Trial version right now.I have always used Norton Anti-Virus or Security along with it and never had so much trouble getting them to work together as now.Comcast has switched from McAfee to a Norton Security Suite and I let my subscription to Norton Internet Security 2010 expire and installed the "free" Norton Security Suite and I have tried for almost 4 weeks and cannot get the settings right so that I can get them to work together.Does anyone else have the same problem?I guess I will go ahead and renew my subscription to Norton Internet Security 2010 and ZoneAlarm Pro to see if I can get them to work together again or is there something that has changed lately that they won't work together anymore?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Security Suite from Comcast conflict

Quote Originally Posted by captna View Post
    I have used ZoneAlarm and ZoneAlarm Pro since 1998 and now I have let my subscription expire but am using the Trial version right now.I have always used Norton Anti-Virus or Security along with it and never had so much trouble getting them to work together as now.Comcast has switched from McAfee to a Norton Security Suite and I let my subscription to Norton Internet Security 2010 expire and installed the "free" Norton Security Suite and I have tried for almost 4 weeks and cannot get the settings right so that I can get them to work together.Does anyone else have the same problem?I guess I will go ahead and renew my subscription to Norton Internet Security 2010 and ZoneAlarm Pro to see if I can get them to work together again or is there something that has changed lately that they won't work together anymore?Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Norton Suite and ZA Pro Both iclude Firewalls that even if disabled will conflict with each other and result in less Protection..

You must chose which one you want and Uninstall the other one..

Here is the Cardinal Rule on Firewall/ Anti-Virus Protection..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, .
    --------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information