Thread: Tray icon is static although there is internet traffic

Nightflight Guest

Cool Tray icon is static although there is internet traffic

Hye,

I updated my ZA Pro from 93_014_000 to 93_037_000 today. Everything is fine except that the tray icon is not "dancing" anymore when there is internet traffic. No red or grenn bands anymore.
    I deinstalled and reinstalled ZA but had no success. Resetting of database also didn't help at all.

Is it just me or is this a little bug of 93_037_000 version? I really loved this info by the tray icon of ZA especially since I updated from XP to Win 7. Win 7 doesn't have the internet traffic lights anymore.

Thx and regards,

Nightflight
    Last edited by Nightflight; September 13th, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: Tray icon is static although there is internet traffic - ZA Pro 93_037_000

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflight View Post
    Hye,

I updated my ZA Pro from 93_014_000 to 93_037_000 today. Everything is fine except that the tray icon is not "dancing" anymore when there is INTERNET traffic. No red or Green bands anymore.
    I reinstalled and reinstalled ZA but had no success. Resetting of database also didn't help at all.

Is it just me or is this a little bug of 93_037_000 version? I really loved this info by the tray icon of ZA especially since I updated from XP to Win 7. Win 7 doesn't have the INTERNET traffic lights anymore.

Thx and regards,

Nightflight
    Sorry, I don't have ZA Pro installed on any of my 5 computers..
    I have ZA Suite and ZA Extreme 9.3.037.000 installed and the red or green bands Traffic bars still show up on both my Windows XP SP3, and Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit computers..

Please report your problem to the Official Tech Support Live chat link in my Signature,

and Provide them with the Details of your Computer, Brand, Version of Windows and any other Security Software installed that may be conflicting with ZA Pro..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 14th, 2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

SeanC1966 Guest

Default Re: Tray icon is static although there is internet traffic

I have recently bought ZA Extreme and on my 2 Win 7 Home Edition x64 Laptops the red and green bars do not show up with traffic when you would expect them too. Every now and then it flashes over to them but generally all I see is a static Z symbol and I am running ZA Extreme 9.3.037.

Nightflight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1966 View Post
    I have recently bought ZA Extreme and on my 2 Win 7 Home Edition x64 Laptops the red and green bars do not show up with traffic when you would expect them too. Every now and then it flashes over to them but generally all I see is a static Z symbol and I am running ZA Extreme 9.3.037.
    Is this your first ZA product or did you update from an older version? Since 9.3.037 I have the exact behaviour like you have. I am sorry for you but also I am happy that it is not just me. I think this is a little bug since 9.3.037. But it seems that not everybody has the same problems since installing or updating to 9.3.037. That makes it very strange.

Nightflight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    What did Tech Support tell you?
    I have to wait for a few hours till i can contact Tech Support. I am still at work. I will do from my home.

I also tried this http://forums.zonelabs.com/showthrea...ight=tray+icon exactly like you described there but had no success.
    Last edited by Nightflight; September 14th, 2010 at 05:46 AM.

Nightflight Guest

So, now I am back home and I installed the ZA Pro 9.3.037 on two PCs, both Windows 7, one 32 bit and the other 64 bit. No ZA Software has been ever installed there. Fresh and new install. On both systems I have the same behaviour. Now I really need to contact the Tech Service of ZA.

Hello,

Sometimes when you expect them to move they will not. Thats just how they work sometimes.

They DO NOT move for every single access to the internet by every single application.

So do not rely on this as a replacement for the ones you were used to in XP and are now not present in Win 7.

This is not the main feature of ZA and is NOT an indicator your not or are protected at all.

Its a plain and simple fluff feature and thats all with no real purpose.

Forum Moderator

We test and QA all versions extensively and according to the QA reports for version 9.3.037, there were no problems found with the activity indicator.

I personally have this version installed on a Win 7 64, Vista 64, and two XP SP3 PC's at my desk and the activity indicator is working the same as it did in previous versions for those OS's.

Maybe you had an upgrade issue. Try uninstalling using our uninstaller, then install 9.3.037 again to see if that helps.

Other than that all we can say its not a bug in the code that present during QA testing or any of my PC's so it could be an isolated issue to your PC's.

Forum Moderator

Thread Information