Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ForceField and Mozilla Firefox 3.6.9/10

critterjoe Guest

Default Re: ForceField and Mozilla Firefox 3.6.9/10

I use standalone Forcefield, and can uninstall it either through Control Panel|Add/Remove programs or Program Files\Uninstall Forcefield. For those using ZAX with integrated Forcefield, in the Add/Remove section of windows Control Panel, is there a separate listing for "Zonealarm Forcefield". If so, then that should be another route for removal.

My Forcefield uninstall.exe is in the Program Files group "Zonealarm Forcefield" if I were to use the Program Files uninstall method.
    Last edited by critterjoe; October 8th, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

Hi!

you don't have an option for removing forcefield in ZA Extreme. Its fully integrated in the product. If you don't need ZA forcefield or want to remove it you need to downgrade to ZA Suite. Alternatively you can turn it OFF from the ZA Extreme Broswer security section.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

riceorony Guest

I've been having the same issue as other members with Firefox 3.6.10 and the STANDalone version of Zonealarm Forcefield (newest version as of November 20th, 2009)

The fixes listed with uninstalling Forcefield, rebooting the computer, removing the Checkpoint folder, uninstalling Firefox, rebooting the computer, Installing Firefox first, and then Installing Forcefield has only lasted for about a week.

Strangely enough, this issue only happens when using Firefox/Forcefield combo while using Windows 7 X64 Extreme as a Standard User; Full admin users are able to use them functionally (e.g. correctly).

Note, these were installed using clean/fresh downloaded complete files from their respective website (e.g. from mozilla or zonealarms direct webpage).

Thanks
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 14th, 2010 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riceorony View Post
    Note, these were installed using clean/fresh downloaded complete files from their respective website (e.g. from mozilla or zonealarms direct webpage).

Thanks
    More importantly is to know what happen in the week that works.... since it seems on a clean install eveything works. May be is a specific add-on? Or hidden updates that install with virtualization ON?

Even more importantly is to report it to ZA technical support directly. More reports more likely this is escalated to technical support. Obviously if you find how this can be replicated then report it also when you open a support ticket.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

nhickey Guest

I am in the process of downloading the latest ZAX now as I just encountered this problem myself. My question is, why is it that I have ZAX set to auto-update, yet I have to manually tell it to go look for a new version? It seems I only ever find out about these new versions when my ZA gives me problems. Very, very, very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by nhickey View Post
    I am in the process of downloading the latest ZAX now as I just encountered this problem myself. My question is, why is it that I have ZAX set to auto-update, yet I have to manually tell it to go look for a new version? It seems I only ever find out about these new versions when my ZA gives me problems. Very, very, very frustrating.
    The Automatic Product Update feature is Only activated for Major Updates.. Minor Updates to the Product are made available for Manual Download... and sometime posted to the ReleasedHistory pages..

Maybe the following Thread post by the MODERATOR will explain it better..

http://forum.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=75551

Sorry ZoneAlarm never gives out exact dates of releases and thats why I can only say in 2011.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information