Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: zbot.zeus Notice

Ranguvar Guest

Default Re: zbot.zeus Notice

Quote Originally Posted by olive View Post
    I've switched to Free ~Bleep~ firewall a couple of years ago and never looked back.
    How nice, ZoneAlarm.
    Not only have you resorted to scareware, you're also censoring user posts who have the temerity to recommend products other than your own.

Just registered to say, no longer will I use ZoneAlarm or recommend your services to my friends and family. This is absolutely disgraceful, and is a low blow from a once-respectable outfit.

Spam Guest

I registered this spam account so i could tell your backward company that I'm going to use all my influence, in every IT department that I manage, to keep your products away from my machines.

I'm sure you'll delete this post, why wouldn't you - it's not like you're suddenly going to become an ethical organization. CheckPoint's taint has infected ZoneAlarm.

NoLongerAUser Guest

Default Censoring won't help, it makes you look LAME

It's so cute the way 'Forum-Moderator' is censoring the messages here. Looks like Checkpoint/ZA is SCARED to DEATH that someone might mention a competitor like ~~snip~~. Oh, wait a second- it's not cute, it's pathetic and lame.

Yes, god forbid that anyone find out that there are other products that they could use. If your LAME scam pop-up messages didn't already turn me off, your juvenile censoring of this forum would have.

Too late for you, Checkpoint/ZA, you have permanently and irretrievably damaged your reputation with these stupid scare tactics. You are no better than the scammers and spammers you claim to be protecting people against.

Now, be a good little robot and and censor this, as I know you will.
    Last edited by fax; September 20th, 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Against Terms of Use of this forum

NoLongerAUser Guest

Below is a list of free application software firewalls I put together a while ago. Not sure if they are all current, and I am probably missing quite a few, but it is a starting point.

~~snip~~
    Last edited by fax; September 20th, 2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Against Terms of Use - Sorry this is a ZA forum not a discussion forum on firewalls

goretsky Guest

Hello,

It would appear you have copied and pasted this message I wrote on Slashdot earlier today. While I have no problem with anyone doing that with a message I post to a public forum, I do would very much appreciate it if you did not attempt to take credit for my work.

Also, you could have been less lazy and taken some effort to remove the URL previews from my Slashdot post.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

~~snip~~
    Last edited by fax; September 20th, 2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Against Terms of Use - Sorry this is a ZA forum not a discussion forum on firewalls

goretsky Guest

Hello,

Apologies, fax. Thanks for cleaning the message thread up.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

No problem Goretsky. Thank you for your input anyway.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lusername Guest

Have registered with this spam addy just to say this.
    I spent yesterday removing Check Point`s scareware from all PC`s I`m responsable for. That`s 14 PC`s.

Just to add, you first state that the popup was to warn of a new virus.
    Why then was it the MARKETING team which removed it?

>>>>
    Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Forum Moderator
    Hello,

I wanted to pass this information I just recieved on to all users of the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall.

ZoneAlarm Marketing team has turn off this pop-up alert in ZoneAlarm Free firewall.
    >>>>

Bad show Zone Alarm

wizkid Guest

I've been recommending ZoneAlarm for years. There's other free tools that I will now start installing and recommending to my friends.

CheckPoint - I'm disappointed that you've started trying to use scareware tactics. I will NOT support this type of behavior. This is not a legitimate business model. It's very sad, because I just renewed my subscription. If I had known you would start pulling this stunt, I would have installed ~~snip~~ another AV, or a similar product.

NOTE:
    If you pull this post, I'll notice.
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Sorry, naming is against Term of Use of this board. Please stick to the topic of the thread. Thanks

notta Guest

Whoever thought of this bright idea should be fired immediately. You can try to dance around what you did all you want, but you've broken a trust with your user base that may be unrepairable.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information