Thread: Finish uninstall of ForceField

joem Guest

Default Finish uninstall of ForceField

I uninstalled ZA Extreme from my Win XP computer a few months ago. I just discovered that MSIE 8 shows a loaded disabled ForceField Toolbar 1.3.153.0 add-on. I had thought that all remnants of ZA were gone. I do not remember getting any sort of incomplete uninstall message. I wish to get rid of all of ZA and ForceField.

There is no mention of Checkpoint, ZoneAlarm, or ForceField in Add/Remove Programs or in any of the Start menus. There is a fairly complete looking set of file/folders at "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField". These include an uninstall.exe. There are no other folders in "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint". There is also a folder at "D:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField" with the single file ISWUILib2.dll. There are no other folders in "D:\Program Files\CheckPoint". I am fairly sure (but not positive) that I installed ZA to drive D:.

When I originally installed the updated ZA, ForceField caused problems in both MSIE and Firefox. I never could get FF to work and the ZoneAlarm support did not have a fix. So I disabled FF from the start.

I am reluctant to just run the uninstall program because it looks like the original attempt did not complete. Would someone please help?

Thanks,

Joe M

Default Re: Finish uninstall of ForceField

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    I uninstalled ZA Extreme from my Win XP computer a few months ago. I just discovered that MSIE 8 shows a loaded disabled ForceField Toolbar 1.3.153.0 add-on. I had thought that all remnants of ZA were gone. I do not remember getting any sort of incomplete uninstall message. I wish to get rid of all of ZA and ForceField.

I am reluctant to just run the uninstall program because it looks like the original attempt did not complete. Would someone please help?

Thanks,

Joe M
    Try this..

to remove all Zone Alarm left overs.

First try with the removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

If it fails try the manual procedure:
    I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000)
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 3rd, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

joem Guest

Unhappy Re: Finish uninstall of ForceField

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Try this..

to remove all Zone Alarm left overs.

First try with the removal tool:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

If it fails try the manual procedure:
    I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000)
    Thanks George, but neither link was any help.

The cpes_clean program ran (I think) with no messages or impact on files. I tried it twice.

The manual procedure seems out of date or not oriented to CheckPoint/ForceField. There was no mention of the ...\CheckPoint\ForceField folders I described in my original post. All the ZoneLabs folders were long gone. The only specific file it listed that was on the computer was zllictbl.dat which I removed. I also found HKLM\Software\Zone Labs which I removed, but the other two keys were not present. I also removed the ...\Program Files\checkpoint folders.

There are numerous registry entries still remaining that reference ForceField, ForceField Toolbar, ZoneLabs, or ZoneAlarm. It still wants to start services ForceField ISWKL and ForceField IswSvc, although it sannot because I removed the ForceField folders. MSIE 8 still shows the ForceField Toolbar as currently loaded and disabled.

Is there any other procedure which is more complete?

Joe M
    Last edited by GeorgeV; June 3rd, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Finish uninstall of ForceField

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    Thanks George, but neither link was any help.

The cpes_clean program ran (I think) with no messages or impact on files. I tried it twice.

The manual procedure seems out of date or not oriented to CheckPoint/ForceField. There was no mention of the ...\CheckPoint\ForceField folders I described in my original post. All the ZoneLabs folders were long gone. The only specific file it listed that was on the computer was zllictbl.dat which I removed. I also found HKLM\Software\Zone Labs which I removed, but the other two keys were not present. I also removed the ...\Program Files\checkpoint folders.

There are numerous registry entries still remaining that reference ForceField, ForceField Toolbar, ZoneLabs, or ZoneAlarm. It still wants to start services ForceField ISWKL and ForceField IswSvc, although it sannot because I removed the ForceField folders. MSIE 8 still shows the ForceField Toolbar as currently loaded and disabled.

Is there any other procedure which is more complete?

Joe M
    Click on the ZA Tech Support Live Chat link in my Signature..
    They are On line 24/7 for Users with a License key for any Checkpoint Paid product..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information