Thread: how to configure zone alarm with bitorrent / TCP settings/port settings ?

mikezilla Guest

Question how to configure zone alarm with bitorrent / TCP settings/port settings ?

hi im a long time user of zone alarm been using it since at least 05

the problem is despite everything else being rather easy to use and wili being quite net savy i never did quite figure out how to set exceptions or allow settings for TCP settings for ports( in zone alarm) so my question is i guess how can it be done ? , running the latest version of ZA security suite on windows 7 pro 32bit.

wili im here i have a few other questions

are there any plans to phase out security suite and replace it with the current one on offer " extreme" if so when ? or when might it happen ?

having never used a beta bulid are there any plans to make any slight changes to the smart defence adviser ? wili im aware it has improved over time it dos tend to produce quite alot of false positives and that brings me to the next question

are there any plans to over haul program control ? it often gets bloated with entries from exe files ( when im installing stuff) and other redundant programs - some of this is caused by smart adviser , not to mention configuring it on a fresh install alot of false positives tend chucked in to the list marked
    i feel that there should be a greater degree of control over the programs such as categorise ing them in to groups or just change over all as its quite hard to maintain a list that is 100+ entries long , of course i could be missing something here but i do no somthing has to change

and wili im aware most of you are volunteers you still seem to no a bit more about what going on besides users reporting in ,

thank you for your time

Default Re: how to configure zone alarm with bitorrent / TCP settings/port settings ?

Hi!
    I am afraid but most questions cannot really be answered by the users here. ZA never ever announce any plans/details for betas, new features, new versions, etc. I would personally guess (based on the past experience) that there will be a beta of the new 2011 line (if it will be called like this) between now and the end of the year. You can post your suggestions for improvment in the dedicated product feedback area. This is periodically reviewed by the product development team.

I am not using P2P programs so I cannot help you on that and unless other users here do, I would recommend to post this message in the bittorent forum (if any). P2P programs should work normally without the need of expert rules.

Finally search this forum for past posts related to it, you never know

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

effient Guest

Default Re: how to configure zone alarm with bitorrent / TCP settings/port settings ?

If you have old pc (about 3 yrs old) put 2+GB RAM and use Untangled or IPcop or Vyatta firewall linux server in a bridge mode(all easy to do with slightly above average (i.e admin. asst) pc exp).

Then you can plug your all pcs through one single MASTER home server. Note: the server will eat all RAM (don't worry) but you can then do anything (esp. after you've blocked all nasty IP addresses from Asia and South America).

mikezilla Guest

Exclamation Re: how to configure zone alarm with bitorrent / TCP settings/port settings ?

interesting , but i have brand new beast of a computer , so im only really interested in the questions i asked thx.

Thread Information