Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antivirus/anti-spyware self de-activated - system clock/updates disabled

RMCummings Guest

Unhappy Antivirus/anti-spyware self de-activated - system clock/updates disabled

I have no antivirus as self deactivated because of 'system clock set forward or updates are disabled'. Neither of which are true

Please help

OS Windows XP
    ZA Internet Security Suite v9.1.008.000
    AV/AS engine version 8.0.2.42, DAT version 1026655680
    Anti spam 6.0.0.2383

Problem just started today

Programme has worked fine for many months

Default Re: Antivirus/anti-spyware self de-activated - system clock/updates disabled

First make sure Windows XP is fully updated with Microsoft WinXP SP3 update..
    Then Uninstall ZASS 9.1 and Install ZASS 9.3.037.000

The safest procedure is to :

1.) Download the Latest installer preferably with IE Browser and (no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, Bit-Torrent, uTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.

(MultiPlatform, installer will install on Both WinXP SP3 and Vista and Windows7)

NOTE: If you need a Language other than English, Click on the (Global Sites) Tab on the Top Right side to Select ZA Propducts in other Languages..

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite updates

2.) Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview - Preferences tab)

3.) Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory

4.) Now Uninstall Zone Alarm using Windows Uninstall or on Windows 7 , Control Panel/Uninstal a program option.

5.) Now Install the new update (clean Install) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZASS and ZAXS do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

To troubleshoot ZAAV, ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programs and (if you can't live without the other Security programs - Not Recomended) - Only re-install them once you see that ZA works as it should.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG,AVAST 5, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    Last edited by GeorgeV; October 1st, 2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

conny98 Guest

Unhappy Re: Antivirus/anti-spyware self de-activated - system clock/updates disabled

Hi I also had this same problem.

I uninstalled then reinstalled ZA - then ran a scan, all ok. ZA anti virus and anti spyware now working ok, but the trial version of ZA will not accept my licence key, even though I cut and paste it from my own ZA user account.

I read this post and as it mentioned the conflict with Spybot S&D I uninstalled it but the licence key still will not work.

I've tried to access the online technical support chat on the ZA site but none of the links work.

Any help to fix would be appreciated, thanks.

Conny

RMCummings Guest

Default Re: Antivirus/anti-spyware self de-activated - system clock/updates disabled

I now have a re-occurance of the problem below, but on my laptop. Is the recommended solution the same or different for the laptop spec??

Antivirus/anti-spyware self de-activated - system clock/updates disabled
    I have no antivirus as self deactivated because of 'system clock set forward or updates are disabled'. Neither of which are true

Please help

OS Windows Visa
    ZA Internet Security Suite v9.3.0014.000
    AV/AS engine version 8.0.2.48, DAT version 1042434368
    Anti spam 6.0.0.2383

Problem just started today

Programme has worked fine for many months

You are running an old version of ZA. Please update to the latest version (www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload). Considering your recourring problem its better you contact the official support. As licensed user you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. They will help you to troubleshoot the issue.

Please post back once you have solved the problem. It will help other users with your same issue.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

dlingwood Guest

I am having the same problem with regards de-activation. I have tried to reset the clock but this made no difference. Yesterday I uninstalled and then reinstalled ZA and this worked for a few hours but the problem returned today. I have also tried updating but this keeps bringing me back to an update I have already completed, I have replaced this.

I should say this is a first time post and I'm not particulary techie!

The ZA Anti Virus (paid for version) is installed on a Sony Laptop, I'm using Windows7 64 bit Home Premium and Internet Explorer. I do have the free vesion of Malware installed, but no other anti-virus software.

Help to resolve this would be gratefully recived!
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:9.3.037.000
    TrueVector version:9.3.037.000
    Driver version:9.1.522.000
    Anti-virus engine version:8.0.2.48
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:993941760

Many Thanks

Diane

Please contact, as already suggested, the official support for a step by step troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

jstme Guest

I am having the same problem and the patch I was given by live chat help only solved the problem for about 2 minutes.

According to my log, ZA definitions are updating, it just shows as deactivated for the same reason listed in previous posts.

It seems people here have had this happen on different versions, including the latest one, not sure what to make of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jstme View Post
    I am having the same problem and the patch I was given by live chat help only solved the problem for about 2 minutes.

According to my log, ZA definitions are updating, it just shows as deactivated for the same reason listed in previous posts.

It seems people here have had this happen on different versions, including the latest one, not sure what to make of that.
    I'm Sorry, We are all Users here in this ZA User Forum..

If you have contacted "Live Chat" you will need to continue Following up with "Live Chat" to Resolve your problem and tell them more details about your Computer configuration and what type and version of Zone alarm you have a problem with..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

rajeshk Guest

I have the same issue. I had not used my PC for 10 days. ZA updated all the updates and then Windows had couple of critical updates, which it applied when the computer was shutting down. And this morning I get a "Anti-virus/Anti-spyware Off" message. I have pressed the "Fix it button" but it is not working. Also, I did automatic update with the clock, so it should have exact time etc...

Also, not connected with the above problem, but when I tried to visit this forum I get this message:
    "vBulletin Message
    Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here "

The IP address is given dymamically by my ISP. This is the third attempt and I have got a good IP address, which is not banned. Not sure what is going on here....

I will try a re-install later today.... and tech support.... but if anyone has a quick fix let me know.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 9.3.037.000
    TrueVector 9.3.037.000
    Driver version 9.1.522.000
    anti-virus/spyware engine v 8.0.2.48 DAT file version 1043114560

Running Win XP SP3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information