Thread: Windows hangs on installation restart

Bensaj Guest

Default Windows hangs on installation restart

"Help I need somebody" who has any idea why this happens. I have tried Technical support who guided me through clean installing with cpes clean and ff cleanup and disabling startup entries (third party)and services. But always my computer freezes at the last act of restarting to complete the install.
    I then have to restart with-last known good configuration- as windows will not load properly on normal start. Once loaded Zone alarm proclaims that I am fully protected and yet the Browser security never initializes fully ,so I presume I am actually not fully protected. Also I cannot uncheck- Load ZA on start up- to try another install. Has anyone had similar problems that got resolved?
    My computer is a single core(AMD 3800) running SP2( I know but SP3 download always completely freaks it out!) What I don't understand is why everything was working fine before I renewed my subscription and the download has caused this problem.

Default Re: Windows hangs on installation restart

Well since you been though everything support can offer your next step is to format the hard drive and re-install the OS from scratch (no backup)

Sounds like you have more serious deeper OS issues here.

Also install SP3 and ALL critical and non critical updates to the OS from Microsoft before installing ZA.

Don't install any other software before installing ZA. Check that everything things works first before installing other applications back to the PC this way you will know ZA works fine and if it stops working again you will have an idea what is causing the issue.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Bensaj Guest

Thank you moderator. I suspected that I would have to bite the bullet and re-install . I have 1gb memory . Is this sufficient for the program or would you recommend increasing this? Again many thanks .

Yes 1 gig is enough.

If your PC supports it and you can afford it upgrade to 2 gig of memory. XP will run smoother.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information